Away Match Day Thread 23/03/2021 L1 Northampton Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not
In fact take Portsmouth as an example.
The last few years they have been in the Playoffs and not got any further
Their board have had enough,
How long will our new board wait?
As Pompey have a massive budget , speny a million on one player and still struggle to get out of this league shows you that we are actually doing about right .
Don't know where the expectation that we should gain promotion is coming from , people getting a bit hysterical over a poor defeat and middling season.

Not saying this season, just saying how long will our board wait
I would argue that we have gone backwards this season in style of play and results
So by the end of next season I would want to see us challenging the top two spots
The club/KR have stated we want to be a top 30 club but they will want some return from their investment fairly quickly

Not saying this season, just saying how long will our board wait
I would argue that we have gone backwards this season in style of play and results
So by the end of next season I would want to see us challenging the top two spots
The club/KR have stated we want to be a top 30 club but they will want some return from their investment fairly quickly
They haven’t invested yet, apparently we’re about where we should be in terms of wage bill.

They may/may not go up this season but I’m pretty sure they will be going for it next season and I would tip them to get one of the two top spots
Along with probably Sheff Weds
You never know with the new owners of the takeover goes ahead they may do a Bournemouth and splash the car to get us into the championship in preparation before this new shinny state of the art dogs B*****s that serves quail and asparagus meals at the counter under the concourse stadium.?

I never understand when fans don’t want us to make certain stages for fear of what might happen e.g. don’t want us to get promoted because we’ll just come straight back down or don’t want to make the plays offs because we might get stuffed.

Even worse, it would be good if we got relegated so we can rebuild and come back stronger! I remember fans saying this in the 2000/01 season when we were in the now named Championship. Funny that we’ve never aspired to that level since (20+ years) and actually got relegated again a couple of seasons later to the now named Division Two and even worse in 2006 to The Conference!

You might as well say, I don’t want to do well in the cups for the fear of being beaten by a premier team
Maybe the Northampton performance has clouded my judgment, IF we played that badly in the play-offs I'd rather we didn't make them. I found the performance really embarrassing.

Maybe the Northampton performance has clouded my judgment, IF we played that badly in the play-offs I'd rather we didn't make them. I found the performance really embarrassing.
You never know, we might actually play really well, but unless we get there we’ll never know.

Well we’d only be 1-0 down with the home leg still to come, so we might be ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom