Away Match Day Thread 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

In which case you’re in that class with a short memory! Not really sure it’s fair to say his head is too big - have you spoken to him personally? Like the rest of us, I doubt it. So you can only assess his football which for the most part and when played in a forward position he’s had an excellent season. The rumours appeared to coincide with his downturn in form but considering he played a different position every other week I think he did OK - just not his best. There is such a thing as form in football and it does come and go based on all sorts.

Were it not for Sykes at times in the first half of the season we’d have been out of the race long before now. He really showed up where others didn’t. Nobody could question his desire, attitude and application and he even started adding the goals and assists which people continuously held against him.

There are always other options out there but sometimes it’s better the devil you know and if KR can be sure he will apply himself, he’d be crazy not to keep him. But if he wants away, let him go because we don’t want 50% of him.
His whole demeanour has changed and it’s clear he wants out, so let’s move on.

I personally not bothered by him leaving as I know there’s better out there.

Last edited:
His whole demeanour has changed and it’s clear he wants out, so let’s move on.

I personally not bothered by him leaving as I know there’s better out there.
Agree he should go if he wants, that’s what I’ve also said.

Just think your disregard for his ability/contribution over the season is unfair. There might be someone out there we could sign who is more committed to the club but if we’re talking about replacing his technical ability with another regular starter (I.e. not much development needed), that’s not as easy as you suggest.

Last edited:
Agree he should go if he wants, that’s what I’ve also said.

Just think your disregard for his ability/contribution over the season is unfair. There might be someone out there we could sign who is more committed to the club but if we’re talking about replacing his technical ability with another regular starter (I.e. not much development needed), that’s not as easy as you suggest.
I was actually an advocate of his when Robinson didn’t play him, but I’ve felt these last few months he’s been disrespectful for the club since he decided he wanted out.

My friend Dan @18dapper & my views on the weekend's events. Give it a watch please.

Don't you think its getting a little silly now? Anytime someone mentions even a negative thought towards kr, you respond in the same protective way as the David Walliams character used to in Little Britain, whenever the Prime Minister he worked for was criticised

Not silly at all, seems like a decent question following the accusation and i would like to hear
the answer to this as i suspect its baloney.

I get that people don`t like KR but adding made up things as part of the reasoning is just b/s.

Here follows just a wee bit of light hearted relief from the obvious disappointment of yesterday. So, on behalf of the three passengers in my mates away day's car can I personally say a big thank you for putting up with us (especially me) in driving us to 99.9% of this seasons away games that also included the away cup games at QPR, Burton and Brizzle Rovers and then being able to tell him gleefully whilst he pulled up to my house last night that the miles he has driven us to each game and back would have got us to Malaysia! No wonder his ankles and calf's have swelled and his tyres on his car are shinier than his head. He is a top man!

However, can we please get up to the championship asap as his car next season could probably get us to Fleetwood (if they are still in lge 1) without him steering next time around...although in thinking ahead to the 'championship' we probably would be able to reduce the amount of car miles driven a little by letting the train take the strain and get back to enjoying a lovely excursion to South Bermondsey station and a little toddle along 'Cowards Walk'.

COYY'S - what's not to like about that day out. And Robbo if you are logged on after tonight's 'Community person of the year' award do us old heads a community favour and make this for us ol' uns a reality at the end of the 2022/23 season.

All those who didn't say yes?

You believe that every single player who has had discussions with OUFC recently but ultimately refused to sign "turned down the chance due to Robinson"?

You believe that every single player who has had discussions with OUFC recently but ultimately refused to sign "turned down the chance due to Robinson"?
Did I say that? No. Don't be silly.

Many reasons players don't sign for clubs, but you stated that many didn't want to play for a KR team. That's an odd thing to say unless you're implying that KR is the reason?
What would be odd about not wishing to play for a KR team? Players can have their reasons for not joining a particular team, all sorts of reasons and, one of them may well be that they do not wish to be a part of a KR team. Is it so difficult for you to accept that KR is not everyone's cup of tea?

Agree with this

If we turn it on it’s head, there are plenty of very good players here that want to play for Robinson
I will go further and say many players have said they are really loving it here including Baldock Bodin and Williams who have recently joined
Also there is the questions of agents, money and location when it comes to signing for a club.

It may be that, along with others, he is suffering under the KR influence and constantly being asked to play in different roles.

However, if there is better out there and, if they want to play for a KR team (something I believe many have said no to) then let's go for them.
This summer is going to be an incredibly tense and potentially disappointing time for fans. June 10th window opens, KR claims to have plans already, I doubt they are firm plans.

What would be odd about not wishing to play for a KR team? Players can have their reasons for not joining a particular team, all sorts of reasons and, one of them may well be that they do not wish to be a part of a KR team. Is it so difficult for you to accept that KR is not everyone's cup of tea?

So just a load of crap then ?

Not silly at all, seems like a decent question following the accusation and i would like to hear
the answer to this as i suspect its baloney.

I get that people don`t like KR but adding made up things as part of the reasoning is just b/s.
Baloney or b/s? Make your mind up. It's not too difficult to believe, if he talks to players in private the way he throws them under the bus.

As others have pointed out, your assertions that many players don't want to play for a KR team is complete conjecture.

There are loads of things to criticise Robinson for without having to make things up.

He seems quite well liked by players, a lot have spoken well of him, though obvs not everyone will feel the same

Back
Top Bottom