Home Match Build Up 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope some of the younger players are given a chance, what an opportunity for them
Could be someone comes in and plays so well they remain in the team, as happened with Dean Whitehead under Atkins and indeed Baptiste under Robbo

Do you not bother actually reading a post, before looking to go in the attack?
I said if it is a case, not that he had made the final decision.
Dear oh dear.
It is likely that the league said we have to play.
Based on that the comment
'If this is the case if gung-ho kr making the decision then in his head be it' to me seems a bit odd.

I hope some of the younger players are given a chance, what an opportunity for them
Could be someone comes in and plays so well they remain in the team, as happened with Dean Whitehead under Atkins and indeed Baptiste under Robbo
It is a risk as to whether they are ready.
I remember going to Fleetwood v Oxford under MAPP. We were short of a full back and Miles Welch-Hayes played for us for his debut.
At the time he was out of his depth and we were very lucky to get away with a 2 0 defeat.
Goodrham has done very well in man's football (albeit at a much lower level). He, I would think is most likely to get tume on the pitch.

It is a risk as to whether they are ready.
I remember going to Fleetwood v Oxford under MAPP. We were short of a full back and Miles Welch-Hayes played for us for his debut.
At the time he was out of his depth and we were very lucky to get away with a 2 0 defeat.
Goodrham has done very well in man's football (albeit at a much lower level). He, I would think is most likely to get tume on the pitch.

Always thought it’s a bit easier for younger players to come in to the attacking positions than defensive ones, you can afford to make the odd mistake up front and raw ability can make up for any lack of experience.

Saying that if it’s a choice between a young right back and playing Hanson there then I would go with the youngster, he just isn’t a full back for me and gets himself into trouble without the opposition doing much.

It’s quite funny because even when we have 13 players unavailable people still don’t want Hanson in the team 🤣🤣🤣 the bloke must love playing for us

If we had no other centre midfielders then fair enough, it’s his actual position and he is competent enough there. He is fourth choice right back behind two players who are also not right backs in Forde and Williams, which says a lot.

I don’t know much about any young right backs we have but the bar isn’t being set high by Hanson.

Yeah?!

How do they do that then?

(Asking for a friend)
Mine won't tell me but luckily @oufc1991 looks to have got it sussed.

The only positive LFTs in our family were supported by PCR tests. Three weeks of family chaos because we didn't manage to all get Covid at the same time which would made things easier in the long run.

It’s quite funny because even when we have 13 players unavailable people still don’t want Hanson in the team 🤣🤣🤣 the bloke must love playing for us
id play Hanson in the deeper midfield role if Gorrin and Kane arent available.
As for full back,even the central defenders would be more attack minded than him.

I think you may be understating the strength of feeling on the Wigan forum - it seems quite heated, until you realise it's about 10 people, including a couple of conspiracy theorists! It make most people on here seem fairly sane (although not all!).

Signed up to give a rational explanation and my account got rejected - shows they just want to believe what they want to believe.

I wonder why we have not recalled LCP? Would be a useful bench cover for both FBs and midfield.

Also, what has happened to Yoav Sade? He's our U-21s right back but people are suggesting Ben Watt should play ahead of him.

I wonder why we have not recalled LCP? Would be a useful bench cover for both FBs and midfield.

Also, what has happened to Yoav Sade? He's our U-21s right back but people are suggesting Ben Watt should play ahead of him.

The constant question since he has been at the club. Never got in a squad for the Pizza trophy at any point, barely plays for the U21s/23s which is the squad he was brought in to be in. Had his contract extended despite all of this. And had a couple of loans out, but not gone out this season. Now into his third season at the club, very strange signing indeed.

Talking of players who have disappeared - Slavi Spasov played some minutes in pre-season then doesn't seem to have been mentioned again.

The constant question since he has been at the club. Never got in a squad for the Pizza trophy at any point, barely plays for the U21s/23s which is the squad he was brought in to be in. Had his contract extended despite all of this. And had a couple of loans out, but not gone out this season. Now into his third season at the club, very strange signing indeed.

Talking of players who have disappeared - Slavi Spasov played some minutes in pre-season then doesn't seem to have been mentioned again.
I think he is injured again

It is likely that the league said we have to play.
Based on that the comment
'If this is the case if gung-ho kr making the decision then in his head be it' to me seems a bit odd.
Sorry that should be on his head be it, as in IF he has had the final say as a manager should this game go ahead, then he has to be responsible for the consequence's if it all goes wrong. Ie. more injuries, lose games we would win with a full squad.

I don't think the ones on loan can suddenly switch from their host club just like that, but not sure.

Sorry that should be on his head be it, as in IF he has had the final say as a manager should this game go ahead, then he has to be responsible for the consequence's if it all goes wrong. Ie. more injuries, lose games we would win with a full squad.

Oh for goodness' sake, it obviously isn't KR's choice. If managers could postpone games because of player inavailabilty they'd do it all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom