+++ 25/01/20 Newcastle United v OUFC FAC +++

TV would would be mad (and incorrect) not to show the Liverpool game in my opinion.

If we had salvaged a 2-2 draw against them (even if it were their reserves), most on here would be incredulous if the replay wasn’t picked up for broadcast.
Doubt it will be Liverpool. Klopp says it will be their youth team/reserves

Liverpool will beat Shrewsbury, need a result in the Arsenal Bournemouth match and then I reckon we are nailed on for the Tuesday with spurs Southampton on the Wednesday. Results have been going our way so far.
No they won’t but Klopp has said he’s playing the kids and handing over the reins to the U23 manager so that won’t get on the box. Must be a very good chance of us being in telly.

No they won’t but Klopp has said he’s playing the kids and handing over the reins to the U23 manager so that won’t get on the box. Must be a very good chance of us being in telly.

Wasn't their u23 team game in the Lg Cup shown on TV or have I remembered that wrong?

Wasn't their u23 team game in the Lg Cup shown on TV or have I remembered that wrong?
Yes - they were at QF stage but I think that only became known once TV had announced it. They also showed a youthful team in FAC Round 3 but that was at home to Everton and so there was some edge to the fixture.

The Liverpool Shrewsbury match is scheduled for the 5th? Us on TV on the Tuesday, Liverpool on the Wednesday? Would be pants to show another all premiership tie...especially when we did well vs Man City, beat West Ham, previously beat Newcastle and beat Swansea when in the premiership

The Liverpool Shrewsbury match is scheduled for the 5th? Us on TV on the Tuesday, Liverpool on the Wednesday? Would be pants to show another all premiership tie...especially when we did well vs Man City, beat West Ham, previously beat Newcastle and beat Swansea when in the premiership
If the Liverpool Shrewsbury game is scheduled for the Wednesday then there's a very good chance that we'll be the Tuesday game as I think Spurs/Southampton play the Sunday previous and will also then be on the Wednesday.

The Liverpool game is tricky. On one hand, playing the kids gives Shrewsbury a massive chance, but it also takes the edge off the game. As exciting as their kids are, people will want to be watching the stars, and more importantly, tv companies live Klopp. Without him it almost becomes a glorified pre-season friendly.

Also tv companies love the quirky little grounds, the underdog story etc. You won't get the same at Anfield or with 2 PL sides. Either way, we'll have a sellout and a real chance to progress whether on tv or not.

Will it be before or after tonights 5th round draw (7pm BBC1 - on the one show) when the TV companies decide which replays will be broadcast live? Does anyone know?

The joy of being a ST holder and avoiding said bun fight. ? (y)
it works similarly for OUFC members too .... depends if its on the Tues or Weds whether my Grandaughter ( who is an OUFC junior member) can go to the replay

If its on the Weds she can go to the game, Tues unlikely for her to be able to go

I don’t understand the obsession with us being on tv, surely most of us will be at the game? I appreciate midweek games aren’t possible for distant people
additional money in the coffers if televised, which should aid towards the acquisition of a player or two, is one of the factors regarding the replay being televised, or not? :sneaky:

I don’t understand the obsession with us being on tv, surely most of us will be at the game? I appreciate midweek games aren’t possible for distant people

Well as all of Round 5 are midweek with 30 minutes extra time and then penalties we had best get used to it. :( :( :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom