+++ 25/01/20 Newcastle United v OUFC FAC +++

The joy of being a ST holder and avoiding said bun fight. ? (y)
Good to get that in early, pre-empting the inevitable flow of comments about the unfairness of ticket allocation!

The oddest part of Saturday's game was the bloke behind me asking me to sit down as he couldn't see...........fair enough maybe, except that was at 14.40, 20 minutes before kick-off. Said he hadn't been to a game for 10 years and wanted to watch the warm-up. I had intended to sit down but then decided to stand-up until kick-off. He then proceeded to confuse Fosu, Baptiste, Browne and Holland for the rest of the game. Strange.

Short notice to get the half and half scarfs produced..

I’m sure someone must have a box load left over from 2017. Bit of stitching on the date and jobs a goodun (or baddun in this case).

Good to get that in early, pre-empting the inevitable flow of comments about the unfairness of ticket allocation!

The oddest part of Saturday's game was the bloke behind me asking me to sit down as he couldn't see...........fair enough maybe, except that was at 14.40, 20 minutes before kick-off. Said he hadn't been to a game for 10 years and wanted to watch the warm-up. I had intended to sit down but then decided to stand-up until kick-off. He then proceeded to confuse Fosu, Baptiste, Browne and Holland for the rest of the game. Strange.
Well I think you should treated Nick Harris with more respect to be honest.

So you had intended to sit down, but because someone asked you to do just that, you decided to instead go against both your original intention and his request and in fact stand up? You’re right, that is strange!

Isn't it a sort of unwritten rule that if your original game is televised the replay isn't? Either way, Klopp explicitly stating he's going to play kids takes all shine off that replay imo. It's lose lose - Liverpool win, and its the Premier League side winning at home against a L1 team, nothing to see here, even if it is kids; Shrewsbury win, and it's heavily caveated by, well, Liverpool played their u-18s, hardly a great FA Cup upset.

FWIW have never liked Klopp, don't understand how so many people are taken in by his stupid disingenuous 'banter' and 'passion', but this total hissy fit at having to play as many games as they would normally expect to have to play in a season is just the icing on the cake.

Isn't it a sort of unwritten rule that if your original game is televised the replay isn't? Either way, Klopp explicitly stating he's going to play kids takes all shine off that replay imo. It's lose lose - Liverpool win, and its the Premier League side winning at home against a L1 team, nothing to see here, even if it is kids; Shrewsbury win, and it's heavily caveated by, well, Liverpool played their u-18s, hardly a great FA Cup upset.

FWIW have never liked Klopp, don't understand how so many people are taken in by his stupid disingenuous 'banter' and 'passion', but this total hissy fit at having to play as many games as they would normally expect to have to play in a season is just the icing on the cake.
He he he ... Spot on mate , everybody seems to be taken in by this.
Them poor top class players need their rest of you know, us lessers teams do not!!!?

would like to see how Klopp would cope having to play 9 games in february with a smaller injury hit squad

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play. ✅

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play. ✅

Should have walked............

I don’t understand the obsession with us being on tv, surely most of us will be at the game? I appreciate midweek games aren’t possible for distant people

Like to record it. Then watch it several times if we win, or dump it if we lose.

additional money in the coffers if televised, which should aid towards the acquisition of a player or two, is one of the factors regarding the replay being televised, or not? :sneaky:

Or going towards trying to get closer to break even.

You're forgetting the Man Utd and other big club caveat to that unwritten rule.

Yes Kloop did spit the dummy out after the match, the irony I thought was IF Kloop played his superstars against Shrewsbury and probably beat them, then they could of had their week break unaffected.

A good reason for wanting it on tv is because its not on ifollow not even highlights

Back
Top Bottom