Home Match Build Up 25/9/2021 L1: OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to get @Scotchers’s promobongo bus back on the road.
We (as a Forum) have ‘anal’ised where the problems lay and Karl has taken note. The boys have had a few fisticuffs and love-ins up at Horspath road this week and have ironed out all the problems.
They are ready to put it all together tomorrow.
I feel sorry for fatty Evans for what we are about to unleash on him.
He’ll be on the Exlax diet by five o’clock tomorrow!
4-0 to the promotion chasers!😂

3 points in the bag and wandering yellow lost for words !!!!!

3 points in the bag and wandering yellow lost for words !!!!!
He won't be alone! Kip will be enjoying a bargain bucket and a dozen more will be desperately looking for any reference of xG to prove that Robinson should be sacked!!

I'm missing the next two games. Don't know about the scores, it will depend on which Oxford turns up. We're not quite firing on all cylinders yet but I don't think it needs a radical change of approach or personnel, bar getting the wide left position right. We just need to do our thing better and we'll have enough for all but the best teams (and that's another discussion).

He won't be alone! Kip will be enjoying a bargain bucket and a dozen more will be desperately looking for any reference of xG to prove that Robinson should be sacked!!
Well he does need to start having a team that shows more spirit than that seen in our lifeless performances once we are under pressure

I'm probably not as negative as it may seem to some on here, I think we will draw tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost or won.

I'm not expecting us to do much more than mid-table this season. I don't buy into the "positivity bus" thesis that

- We are better than we were last season
- Matty T is undroppable/ will come good
- KR is a top manager at this level
- Thorniley is better than Atkinson

I have seen nothing to convince me we are better than we are last season. KR will eventually get us moving and a run of form, but it won't be enough. Our seasons are beginning to follow somewhat of a pattern.

We bottled our chance to get to the second division against Wycombe. Whilst I'm not at Kip's level of pessimism I'm not particularly optimistic about us on the pitch either. I think a few of us have a slightly over-inflated opinion of how good we are due to the fact we sometimes play nice football. We don't have the fight, physicality and grit of many teams at our level.

If this takeover ever does happen and some real money men come in, another thing I'm losing patience and belief in, I wouldn't be too dissappointed to see KR go at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom