Home Match Build Up 26/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plymouth V Rotherham & Wigan V Sunderland

Automatics are off the table, is Rotherham and Wigan winning is better for us?
Absolutely

MK Dons v Bolton as well.

Wycombe tough trip to Accrington.

Expect Sheffield Wednesday to win against Charlton.

Ipswich travel to Morecambe. Derek Adams first game back

I'm actually starting to feel really nervous about tomorrow, I can't wait to be there to pay my respects to Joey.

It's probably gonna be the most emotional football match I've ever been to.

I hope it all goes well, and we give Joey the send off he deserves..

Last edited:
I'm nervous too. Will be watching on iFollow (4am kick-off). Yes, it will be a hugely emotional afternoon, and I hope we can channel that into a win for Joey. I think we will. I can't imagine what it will be like for members of Joey's family who are there. Very hard for them so soon after Joey's passing, but I'm sure they will draw strength from all the love that's being shown for him.

hope there isnt any 'targeting' of people going to the match tomorrow .......

from TVP FB page around 4 pm this afternoon ( Map cut and pasted below the text)

TVP Oxford

h29t6uihacotmgcofd ·

🚨
SECTION 60 ORDER

We have this afternoon enacted a Section 60 Stop & Search order following a stabbing in the Mercury Road area of Oxford yesterday.

The order temporarily enhances powers for officers, meaning they can stop and search anyone in the area shown on the map.

It was enacted from 1pm today and continues for a minimum of 24 hours until 1pm tomorrow.

At that point, the order will be reviewed and could be extended further.

The southern boundary of the order will be Grenoble Road up to the Oxford Science Park, with the eastern boundary on the B480, the northern boundary in the vicinity of the Sandy Lane Sports Ground and west to Sandy Lane West.

The order has been put in place following a serious assault which occurred in the area of Mercury Road, Oxford, at around 8.50pm last night, in which a man aged in his forties suffered serious injuries.

A 16-year-old boy from Oxford has been arrested in connection with this incident and is currently in police custody.

Superintendent Emma Garside said: “This order has been put in place following last night’s incident in the Mercury Road area of Oxford.

“This order is in place to ensure public safety, while also giving police extra power to search people who they think could be involved in violence, and to take weapons off the street.

“I understand that an order of this nature could cause concern, but whilst a Section 60 order may sound alarming, enhancing our stop and search powers provides us with another tactic to quickly identify and disrupt those carrying weapons.

“If you are stopped by an officer, please do not be worried as this does not mean that you are in trouble. You will see more police officers in the area whilst the order is in place and we expect to carry out more stop and searches than usual.

“Officers who are out and about are there to reassure you as well as using their powers under Section 60 so please do stop and speak with them about any concerns that you have.

“We are continuing to appeal to anyone who has any information that may assist with our investigation into the assault, and would you to make contact with us either online or by calling 101 with reference number 43220085013.

“If you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can provide information to the independent charity Crimestoppers online or on 0800 555 111.”

274713201_1899966603724534_8631570665245343143_n.jpg

hope there isnt any 'targeting' of people going to the match tomorrow .......

from TVP FB page around 4 pm this afternoon ( Map cut and pasted below the text)

TVP Oxford

h29t6uihacotmgcofd ·

🚨
SECTION 60 ORDER

We have this afternoon enacted a Section 60 Stop & Search order following a stabbing in the Mercury Road area of Oxford yesterday.

The order temporarily enhances powers for officers, meaning they can stop and search anyone in the area shown on the map.

It was enacted from 1pm today and continues for a minimum of 24 hours until 1pm tomorrow.

At that point, the order will be reviewed and could be extended further.

The southern boundary of the order will be Grenoble Road up to the Oxford Science Park, with the eastern boundary on the B480, the northern boundary in the vicinity of the Sandy Lane Sports Ground and west to Sandy Lane West.

The order has been put in place following a serious assault which occurred in the area of Mercury Road, Oxford, at around 8.50pm last night, in which a man aged in his forties suffered serious injuries.

A 16-year-old boy from Oxford has been arrested in connection with this incident and is currently in police custody.

Superintendent Emma Garside said: “This order has been put in place following last night’s incident in the Mercury Road area of Oxford.

“This order is in place to ensure public safety, while also giving police extra power to search people who they think could be involved in violence, and to take weapons off the street.

“I understand that an order of this nature could cause concern, but whilst a Section 60 order may sound alarming, enhancing our stop and search powers provides us with another tactic to quickly identify and disrupt those carrying weapons.

“If you are stopped by an officer, please do not be worried as this does not mean that you are in trouble. You will see more police officers in the area whilst the order is in place and we expect to carry out more stop and searches than usual.

“Officers who are out and about are there to reassure you as well as using their powers under Section 60 so please do stop and speak with them about any concerns that you have.

“We are continuing to appeal to anyone who has any information that may assist with our investigation into the assault, and would you to make contact with us either online or by calling 101 with reference number 43220085013.

“If you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can provide information to the independent charity Crimestoppers online or on 0800 555 111.”

View attachment 8315
Why would you suggest that 'targeting' might happen?

I'm nervous too. Will be watching on iFollow (4am kick-off). Yes, it will be a hugely emotional afternoon, and I hope we can channel that into a win for Joey. I think we will. I can't imagine what it will be like for members of Joey's family who are there. Very hard for them so soon after Joey's passing, but I'm sure they will draw strength from all the love that's being shown for him.
4am? Nutter! Respect to you.

This’ll be the hardest match of the three we’ve had this week. Charlton looked a spent force, Crewe are bottom of the league and likely to be relegated but Cambridge deserve a tonne of respect. Mark Bonner has made them a really difficult team to play against and they’ve done far better than many expected with pretty small resources. Remember that they got a well earned point at the Abbey back in August.

Win tomorrow and it’ll cap a great week on the pitch. Events off it have impacted us all so let’s make tomorrow special and a celebration of an Oxford legend.

Oh, and any yellow and blue Ukrainian flags would be welcomed too. If all of the football community can do a little something there, it shows solidarity with them 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦.

Why would you suggest that 'targeting' might happen?
Have a read of the announcement Tim ....Section 60 gives extra powers to stop and search anyone that they ( police officers) think (key word that ) could be involved in violence

Which , and I sincerely hope Im wrong, could include football supporters going to watch a match and pay tribute to one of our own legends.... all that is required under section 60 is an officer to , quote ' think 'a person or group of people 'could be involved in violence' to instigate a stop and search within the area covered by section 60 (which encompasses the area surrounding the stadium)

Im sure you have been to enough football matches to be aware of heavy handed over enthusiastic policing having taken place . I certainly have. Its concerning that on the day tribute is being paid to Joey Beauchamp, by a sizeable crowd, that a section 60 allowing any police officer who merely thinks that some one could be iinvolved in violence can exersise thier additional powers of stop and search.

Thats why I 'said' I hope there isnt any targeting of people going to the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom