Home Match Build Up 27/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Rotherham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed teams are barred at senior level by FIFA regulation, but my daughter played in a mixed team until she was 16 before she had to play for the ladies. I do recall that the rule was introduced around the turn of the millennium when a team in Mexico(?) signed a woman goalkeeper as that directly affected my daughter.

I tried to find a document which governs this, but there are hundreds of rules and statutes on the FIFA website and it's not obvious from the descriptions whether you will find what you want.

The most relevant piece of info I did find was on a football discussion forum-
Screenshot_20211126-161223_Chrome.jpg

Another 'get behind the boys' generic post tweeted out do the marketing team not see this as a perfect opportunity to try sell as many tickets as possible? Top of league side on payday weekend. I Cant help but feel all the hard work done previously is being un done massively the ground was lifeless on Tuesday and communication off the pitch is pretty dire imo.

Have you seen our home record in the 2021 Calendar Year? - it’s the best in the business.

FE9Td1kWQAk4BT7

'With respect' at the start of a sentence is normally followed by a difficult statement, that's the point of it. And I'm not sorry if people don't like what I said - it's true.

In that case, you are using the phrase poorly as you need to have respect for the subject of that difficult statement. Your description of "lady footballers" would suggest that you have little respect for them as footballers. Which is fine, you don't have to like women's football.

However, using "with respect" and "I'm sorry if some don't like it" without meaning it, isn't gaming the system, it's just disingenuous.

Mixed teams are barred at senior level by FIFA regulation, but my daughter played in a mixed team until she was 16 before she had to play for the ladies. I do recall that the rule was introduced around the turn of the millennium when a team in Mexico(?) signed a woman goalkeeper as that directly affected my daughter.

I tried to find a document which governs this, but there are hundreds of rules and statutes on the FIFA website and it's not obvious from the descriptions whether you will find what you want.

The most relevant piece of info I did find was on a football discussion forum-
View attachment 7557

Good work! You obviously put in some considerable effort.

1-1 , both own goals. Hanson for them and Smith for us.

It’s a terrible spectacle due to the weather but we match them all game. . Robinson post match press conference lasts two hours. He spends 30 minutes just listing the people he wants to thank.

In that case, you are using the phrase poorly as you need to have respect for the subject of that difficult statement. Your description of "lady footballers" would suggest that you have little respect for them as footballers. Which is fine, you don't have to like women's football.

However, using "with respect" and "I'm sorry if some don't like it" without meaning it, isn't gaming the system, it's just disingenuous.
With respect, I disagree.

We are gonna win it against all expectations and I'm going to go mad with glee. Hanson to be MOM and Bodin to score

Could the weather see this game cancelled? I'm sure the groundstaff will be instructed not to work too hard to get the game on? 😉

Could the weather see this game cancelled? I'm sure the groundstaff will be instructed not to work too hard to get the game on? 😉
It won’t rain or snow enough for the game to be called off.
Have we ever had a game called off because it’s too windy? Can’t think of one.
If anything, with a weakened team the wind might just be the leveller we need.

Last edited:
It won’t rain or snow enough for the game to be called off.
Have we ever had a game called off because it’s too windy? Can’t think of one.
If anything, with a weakened team it might just be the leveller we need.
Around 2004 our match away against Mansfield was called off at half time because of high winds. I think part of the stadium was damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom