Home Match Build Up 27/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Rotherham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a non-story putting two separate things together and making five.
1 - Beth Lumsden has been doing some training with the men's squad
2 - Injury crisis

Are women even allowed to play in men's senior football?
Ha ha! Hilarious headline, the two things are true but are not connected! I don't think women can play in men's games, and vice versa.

2 - Injury crisis

I don't think there is a restriction but even if they were, as Beth is registered to OUWFC not OUFC, I think that would be a transfer outside of the transfer window.

2 - Injury crisis

Just read this about ten mins ago and a non oufc following colleague at work has literally just referenced it from his news feed, asking whether she's allowed to play...
Wonderful reporting from our fine well researched media strikes again

Bizarre reporting. Lumsden has been training with the men for a number of weeks to increase her contact time. Something the club fully reported on weeks ago, way before the Covid issues.
It’s a chance to offer players from the women’s team a chance to train at a high level while the club isn’t able to offer contracts to players in the women’s section. That’s all.

Fairly simple, but shows how the club are doing something fairly unusual in supporting the women’s section without just chucking money at it and also integrating players across the club much more. A massive positive for the club as a whole.

Bizarre reporting. Lumsden has been training with the men for a number of weeks to increase her contact time. Something the club fully reported on weeks ago, way before the Covid issues.
It’s a chance to offer players from the women’s team a chance to train at a high level while the club isn’t able to offer contracts to players in the women’s section. That’s all.

Fairly simple, but shows how the club are doing something fairly unusual in supporting the women’s section without just chucking money at it and also integrating players across the club much more. A massive positive for the club as a whole.
Wonder if a fit alex gorrin would go easy on her in training sessions?

I distinctly remember feeling breathless throughout the whole match.

There must have been about double the amount of people who were meant to be in my row, standing at the back of the East Stand, so being packed in really did feel like being back at the Manor.

The atmosphere, constant singing and tense game only added to that feeling of breathlessness.

An amazing few hours.

An exhausting day. I’d completely forgotten it was a lunchtime KO as well so despite the tiredness from it all, we all had a full afternoon ahead of us.

Oxblogger did indeed write something about it a few years ago. It’s well worth a revisit.

Another 'get behind the boys' generic post tweeted out do the marketing team not see this as a perfect opportunity to try sell as many tickets as possible? Top of league side on payday weekend. I Cant help but feel all the hard work done previously is being un done massively the ground was lifeless on Tuesday and communication off the pitch is pretty dire imo.

A massive positive for the club as a whole.
It is, or at least it should be seen as that across the game, however all that good work and joined up thinking and going the extra mile and all those other positives are completely lost on those outside the county border who are now laughing at the loony lower league side channelling Gregory's girl

It is, or at least it should be seen as that across the game, however all that good work and joined up thinking and going the extra mile and all those other positives are completely lost on those outside the county border who are now laughing at the loony lower league side channelling Gregory's girl
*Enduring image*

I couldn't find any FIFA rules banning men and women from playing together, but the competitions OUFC take part in are for men's teams.

*Enduring image*

I couldn't find any FIFA rules banning men and women from playing together, but the competitions OUFC take part in are for men's teams.
With respect to lady footballers and donning my tin hat, the general standard and physical side of the game is lower than tier 9 of the men’s game so we won’t be seeing mixed teams anytime soon.

I might not look at this forum for a while…….

Popped (!) To the ticket office to get my ticket for tomorrow.....theres road works and streetlight works on both greenoble road (streetlight - it seemed, on the science park side of the entrance to the breeze block) ....plus the ongoing ones on watlington road (causing 20 min delays, not helped by the roadworks traffic lights way out of sync with the unipart & bullnose (rip) traffic lights) ....loooooong delays going too and from tomorrows match for those who park at the breeze block or on greenoble road) look inevitable

With the seriously overpriced cost of fuel from road side pumps, oxfordshire county council highways dept really need to take a look at themselves and the impact of their (lack of planning) IMO

With respect to lady footballers and donning my tin hat, the general standard and physical side of the game is lower than tier 9 of the men’s game so we won’t be seeing mixed teams anytime soon.

Not a lot of respect on show there.

This discussion has hardly been a recommendation for mixed teams, just whether it was possible.

Yeah I think she's just a spare body for training purposes, but why not just ask some of the under 18s or the North Leigh lads up if they actually need comparable ability.

Anyway, good for her.

Popped (!) To the ticket office to get my ticket for tomorrow.....theres road works and streetlight works on both greenoble road (streetlight - it seemed, on the science park side of the entrance to the breeze block) ....plus the ongoing ones on watlington road (causing 20 min delays, not helped by the roadworks traffic lights way out of sync with the unipart & bullnose (rip) traffic lights) ....loooooong delays going too and from tomorrows match for those who park at the breeze block or on greenoble road) look inevitable

With the seriously overpriced cost of fuel from road side pumps, oxfordshire county council highways dept really need to take a look at themselves and the impact of their (lack of planning) IMO
Why did you go in person then? You can buy online and get the ticket on your phone or print it out, if you can find someone with a printer.

That may be the case, I don't know, but it's not relevant to anything, is it? The women play each other, not men, and their competition is tough in the same way the men's is.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom