Home Match Build Up 27/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Rotherham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you go in person then? You can buy online and get the ticket on your phone or print it out, if you can find someone with a printer.
Havent got the sort of phone that allows that (calls n texts only out of choice) ....dont fancy carrying a lap top to the game...and I dont have a printer... i was out n about anyway, and relatively close to the ticket office (club shop visit, xmas n a few family birthdays looming, from experience viewing/ measuring merchandise in person as opposed to relying on size labels that are way away from what they claim is best option), I thought sharing the road work delays experienced may be helpful and informative for some travelling in and parking at the breeze block/ greenoble rd for the game tomorrow

Not a lot of respect on show there.

This discussion has hardly been a recommendation for mixed teams, just whether it was possible.
Factually correct though, sorry if some don't like it. If the discussion as you say is about whether mixed teams are possible, then the differing standards at a professional level have to be taken into account as part of that assessment.

Normally I'm massively disappointed if a game is called off but yeah it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was tomorrow ...
It's be a b****r if I've driven nearly 60 miles to get there early to get to the OxVox meeting only to find that by the time it was finished, the game had been called off and I had another 60 miles to drive home in the snow without even seeing any football!

Normally I'm massively disappointed if a game is called off but yeah it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was tomorrow ...
I would absolutely love it to be called off - I'm missing the game due to going to Bournemouth for the University Open Day with my daughter. Tried my best to get out of it but had to concede defeat in the end!

Factually correct though, sorry if some don't like it. If the discussion as you say is about whether mixed teams are possible, then the differing standards at a professional level have to be taken into account as part of that assessment.

If include the caveat of "With respect", you should not deride them. That is not showing much respect. Also, the tone of your response would suggest that you don't appear to be sorry if people don't like it.

This is not about the general suitability of women to play mixed professional football but whether the rules would allow in a hypothetical situation.

Have we had any update on availability apart from the COVID boys are out, Williams remains doubtful and we are so tinpot that we are drafting in half the women's team (daily mirror)?

Any word on whether the restrictions have relaxed enough following no further cases that we might see more of the youngsters involved?

If include the caveat of "With respect", you should not deride them. That is not showing much respect. Also, the tone of your response would suggest that you don't appear to be sorry if people don't like it.

This is not about the general suitability of women to play mixed professional football but whether the rules would allow in a hypothetical situation.
'With respect' at the start of a sentence is normally followed by a difficult statement, that's the point of it. And I'm not sorry if people don't like what I said - it's true.

Of course not, but you phrased it very weirdly. I imagine it's for mutual benefit plus a bit of PR.
Weird in what way? We talk about "bodies through the door" every summer when it comes to the men - I just thought it was general terminology. I'm not sure what I'm being accused of here to be honest.

Weird in what way? We talk about "bodies through the door" every summer when it comes to the men - I just thought it was general terminology. I'm not sure what I'm being accused of here to be honest.
Not accusing you of anything! ‘Bodies through the door’ is a bit weird when you think about it, and adding a woman’s body makes it weirder. But as you were

Havent got the sort of phone that allows that (calls n texts only out of choice) ....dont fancy carrying a lap top to the game...and I dont have a printer... i was out n about anyway, and relatively close to the ticket office (club shop visit, xmas n a few family birthdays looming, from experience viewing/ measuring merchandise in person as opposed to relying on size labels that are way away from what they claim is best option), I thought sharing the road work delays experienced may be helpful and informative for some travelling in and parking at the breeze block/ greenoble rd for the game tomorrow
Appreciate the roadworks heads up @Sarge 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom