Home Match Day Thread 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
above L1 level, they make it up as it goes along,don't they? ;)

seriously though, wasn't is something to do with Huddersfields opponents needing a(n additional) concussion substitute, so Huddersfield were allowed an additional sub as well?
I don’t know that thanks sarge but surely that applies not the whole of the EFL

I must say I don't understand the praise for McNally last night, on another day he could have cost us three goals.
One aspect of McNally’s game that was critical last night was his ability to win the ball in the air particularly when defending dead ball situations. He was immense in the second half. On Saturday Thornley was constantly beaten in the air when faced with long balls from the keeper allowing Gillingham to keep possession from knock downs.
McNally is raw and inexperienced and will make mistakes but so did Thornley against Cheltenham. Also let’s remember Atkinson at the same stage and look how he has developed. A lot will depend on what forwards the opposition has and what their game plan is but I think McNally is a strong contender to start.

I'd actually consider Gorrin, Kane and Brannagan away from home, possibly at the expense of Henry. Controversial I know!!
Nah I can see the logic in that. 3 robust players that aren’t afraid to get stuck in. Brannagan or Kane can progress the play, while the other drops in next to Gorrin. I wouldn’t be against that for Saturdays game, but I can see Henry starting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom