Home Match Build Up 30/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Doncaster Rovers

Doncaster are desperately in need of three points to have any chance to stay up. We on the other hand are feeling let down. Win still likely but if we lost I wouldn't be too surprised.

edit. Yes I would be surprised.:)

Hopefully a good entertaining game to finish the season need at least a point to keep 8th spot.
4-1 to the U’S

Personally, I'd like to to see Robinson pick what he sees as his strongest team, all bar Browne, who I'd simply be happy to see fit and healthy at the beginning of next season!

Put on a performance and finish with the highest amount of points and goals we can.

Let’s hope we sign off with a good performance and 3 points, to finish which has been a disappointing end to the season, missing out on the playoffs. The 3 defeats in a row to Plymouth, Morecambe and Sunderland ultimately cost us, but if we win tomorrow that would give us 78 points and most seasons that would of got us easily into the playoffs!

Its going to be the last game for a few players if fit, Sykes looks like he might be unavailable, so he won’t be involved. I think he’s played a big part of our decent season, especially the middle part of the campaign, but then his form dipped towards the latter end of the season, but so did other players too. Brannagan will be gone too I would imagine, too Good for this division and there will be a few championship clubs after his signature, been absolutely outstanding for us this season and good luck to him if he does move on! Moore and McNally other possible players who may depart, moore the more likely one, as I believe McNally is still learning and would benefit another full season in league 1.

interesting decisions to be made on the loan signings. I would like to keep Kane as long as the price is right, especially if Brannagan leaves, he could fill his position, as we all know he’s not a holding midfielder apart from KR. I Wouldn’t resign Holland, not had a massive impact and still picks up too many injuries, must be other options. Whyte is a difficult one, cause he can influence a game so much with his pace, but not consistent and his finishing is really poor too, so the Jury’s out on him. I would keep Bodin, who has been really influential when fit and available and brown looks a good player who could improve and can play either CB or LB.

Stevens
Long Moore McNally Brown
Forde
Kane Brannagan
Williams Taylor Bodin

COYY.

There is no point in Marcus Browne playing a single second of this game. If he gets on for even five minutes and goes down with an injury then you will see me sprinting along the touchline before going full Bishop Brennan on Robinson.

Maybe instead of channeling your inner Len a strong 2 footed challenge a la Ricardinho is more appropriate.

There is no point in Marcus Browne playing a single second of this game. If he gets on for even five minutes and goes down with an injury then you will see me sprinting along the touchline before going full Bishop Brennan on Robinson.
If he doesn't play on Saturday, then I'll look forward to seeing his name being included in the first eleven in the first game of the new season..........

Bit mis-leading from the OM.

If you listen to the interview, CW asks "Is it a chance to look at the kids [in the] last game of the season?"

Robinson replies "Yes and no. I think the chance to look at the one's who will be here next year and how they sit in certain systems"

Back
Top Bottom