Home Match Build Up 30/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Morecambe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought my tickets for me and my boy in the North stand. The good thing about this promotion from the club is the £10 adult and £5 kids is anywhere in the ground except the SSU and boxes. Meaning I've managed to take my 9 year into the non family section of the North stand without it costing more which will be a treat as the view from block 25 is way better then 23 or 22. Looking like 8/9k home fans lets hope the atmosphere gets going. 🙂

Hope it’s a great game first and foremost to encourage some of the casual fans back in more regularly. Should be a great atmos. The ground is nobody’s idea of home/perfect but we have a great team to support - hopefully they show that tomorrow.

Interesting opposition - results suggest they’re capable of playing with their backs to the wall or getting in a slug fest so not an easy one to predict but one we should approach confidently. Let’s go boys!

Hope it’s a great game first and foremost to encourage some of the casual fans back in more regularly. Should be a great atmos. The ground is nobody’s idea of home/perfect but we have a great team to support - hopefully they show that tomorrow.

Interesting opposition - results suggest they’re capable of playing with their backs to the wall or getting in a slug fest so not an easy one to predict but one we should approach confidently. Let’s go boys!
Big crowd, unfancied opposition - it's got 0-0 all over it. Robbo out!!

Was stood at 7,400 home sales earlier on today, which interestingly is still 1,200 more than Plymouth at this stage and 600 more than Wycombe at this stage, (same as on Monday) so sales are continuing well.

We normally sell 400/500 on the day and 200/300 on the day before the game. Add that onto whatever we've sold this evening, since I looked earlier, and I still think we will end up with about 8,200 home fans, so as I said previously, pretty good for unattractive opposition.
Exactly 400 more sold so far today, which has us at over 7,800. This doesn't include the executive boxes, which I understand are all sold for tomorrow, so I think I'll increase my forecast to 8,400 home fans, maybe 8,500.

Exactly 400 more sold so far today, which has us at over 7,800. This doesn't include the executive boxes, which I understand are all sold for tomorrow, so I think I'll increase my forecast to 8,400 home fans, maybe 8,500.
That’s very good numbers for a game against morcambe just shows what making certain matches more affordable can do

So we have what, about 4,500 ST holders?

And for a run of the mill match like this we would usually expect about 2,000 'paying but it looks like we will double that to around
4,000?

Does this mean the club probably won't be losing money with this scheme tomorrow, and with the extra food and drink sakes may actually make money. Plus the addition of it, hopefully, encouraging some to return for games they otherwise wouldn't have attended.

The scales are tipped in our favour; better home form than their away form over the last six games and although they’ve scored more than us so far, they’ve also conceded quite a few more. We’ll be too strong, 3-1 to us.

So we have what, about 4,500 ST holders?

And for a run of the mill match like this we would usually expect about 2,000 'paying but it looks like we will double that to around
4,000?

Does this mean the club probably won't be losing money with this scheme tomorrow, and with the extra food and drink sakes may actually make money. Plus the addition of it, hopefully, encouraging some to return for games they otherwise wouldn't have attended.
I was thinking exactly this myself yesterday.

I'd estimate roughly a break even for the club. There will be extra cost in terms of stewarding etc, which may be offset by extra advertising revenue from the LED perimeter boards (one of the benefits of such a system over static boards) and possibly some extra F&B revenue, although I'm not 100% on the deal with Farrs, so I think any contribution would be negligible, if at all.

The major benefit is hopefully giving the casual fans a good game and a good day out, to entice them back again. I hope there are enough catering staff and the stewarding is mindful of the fact that there will be a number of people who may not know their way around. I also hope it stays dry and warm, as the stadium is an awful place on a wet, windy afternoon, and we will always be pushing water uphill trying to entice people to come, and then to return. Lastly, I hope we have a good atmosphere to match the good attendance, as that also helps encourage people to return.

It’s very encouraging to see the numbers click-up.

Long may it last.

I was thinking exactly this myself yesterday.

I'd estimate roughly a break even for the club. There will be extra cost in terms of stewarding etc, which may be offset by extra advertising revenue from the LED perimeter boards (one of the benefits of such a system over static boards) and possibly some extra F&B revenue, although I'm not 100% on the deal with Farrs, so I think any contribution would be negligible, if at all.

The major benefit is hopefully giving the casual fans a good game and a good day out, to entice them back again. I hope there are enough catering staff and the stewarding is mindful of the fact that there will be a number of people who may not know their way around. I also hope it stays dry and warm, as the stadium is an awful place on a wet, windy afternoon, and we will always be pushing water uphill trying to entice people to come, and then to return. Lastly, I hope we have a good atmosphere to match the good attendance, as that also helps encourage people to return.
Colin, how does the revenue work from the LED boards?

Colin, how does the revenue work from the LED boards?
We agree a rate with the prospective advertisers, which is obviously likely to be higher if there is either a big attendance and/or TV present. A 30 second slot in a big game that's televised and has a full house would attract more than a midweek EFL Trophy game against Stevenage for instance. The boards belong to the company that supplies them, and they take a cut of the revenue as their payment. Most clubs do it this way, and very few, if any, actually own the LED boards. It's a much better, and more lucrative, system than static boards as it's such a flexible alternative and slots can be sold up until a day or two before the game and tailored to the audience in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom