Away Match Day Thread 31/8/21 Papa John Trophy: Cambridge United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there an interview with KR after the game?

At full time iFollow went straight to adverts and then ended, and not being in Oxfordshire, I got the annoying BBC rights message when trying to listen to BBC RadOx online.
I don't think so.
They went back to Nathan Cooper who said that the team were still in the dressing room.
Then ran out of time I think.

I think Eastwood and Mousinho let the youngsters down. Yes Eastwood made a couple of worldies as he usually does, but his command of the box was poor as was Mousinho's
I’ve just read out the above regarding Eastwood to the fans sat around me on the coach- we are puzzled as to exactly what you mean.
Can’t find anything on “ fact checker”

I’ve just read out the above regarding Eastwood to the fans sat around me on the coach- we are puzzled as to exactly what you mean.
Can’t find anything on “ fact checker”

He let 3 corners in, and flapped at a couple of crosses aswell. That's what he means about commanding your box.

RadOx saying that Robinson got the team selection absolutely right. If that was so why did it lose 4-1. Was expecting problems when I saw the side he put out. I wont use the word team because that was exactly what they weren't
100%. Regardless of anything else, he's really let the fans down who travelled. Its all well giving the kids a game, if they up for it. A 4-1 defeat, is worse than not playing at all in some ways, as it is demoralising.
Get those that have shown promise for the future out on loan for game time, to see if, in the future they can play consistently well, in men's football. We've persisted too long with some in the past, roberts and napa.

100%. Regardless of anything else, he's really let the fans down who travelled. Its all well giving the kids a game, if they up for it. A 4-1 defeat, is worse than not playing at all in some ways, as it is demoralising.
Get those that have shown promise for the future out on loan for game time, to see if, in the future they can play consistently well, in men's football. We've persisted too long with some in the past, roberts and napa.
Let the fans down lol. What a load of crap, I’m sure the vast majority of those fans knew before travelling it wouldn’t be a full strength team and I’m sure they understand if we want to go for the league we don’t want to be picking up injuries in the b team trophy

Christ, get a grip of yourself. From what I heard, many of these youngsters can more than hold their heads high. And there will be far more pride in them doing so for an Oxford defeat than it would be to have a worldie for Havent and Waterlooville on loan.

Your constant dismissal of our youth players is an embarrassment and I'm glad that our management and coaching staff continue to have more faith in our future players than you do.

Worried about Elechi and can see why he won’t figure in the first team.

He has some good attributes - he’s quite decent with the ball and has a tremendous physique - but defending does not appear to be one of them !

I know he was really fatigued and was suffering in last 20 minutes but he could barely run and did not appear to want to tackle or block
crosses. He was allowing the Cambridge full back to run past him.

Cooper will not be good enough too, alas, and should be loaned out with Elechi.

Goodrham is going to be a player as will O’Donkor. JJ looks promising too.
For someone so young Elechi tired too early in the game, and even before then didn't commit to tackles enough, against a second Cambridge string. He's far from backup for the first team at the moment, playing against a first string league one attack would be worrying.

Let the fans down lol. What a load of crap, I’m sure the vast majority of those fans knew before travelling it wouldn’t be a full strength team and I’m sure they understand if we want to go for the league we don’t want to be picking up injuries in the b team trophy
Suddenly Oxford fans are mind readers?? Crap! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Not quite a full strength team is a mile away from the team that played. Of course youngsters were going to play, but the selection certainly wasn't what most fans expected.
"Crap," brilliant, real 1980's nostalgia. I'll see how many of the youngsters at HMP tomorrow have heard of that word.

Osei-Yaw not even making the squad says a lot about his prospects with us.
Can only move on loan to non-league as well now.

Suddenly Oxford fans are mind readers?? Crap! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Not quite a full strength team is a mile away from the team that played. Of course youngsters were going to play, but the selection certainly wasn't what most fans expected.
"Crap," brilliant, real 1980's nostalgia. I'll see how many of the youngsters at HMP tomorrow have heard of that word.
I didn’t say it was ‘not quite a full strength team’ and it’s pretty much what I expected. Agyei, Cooper, easty, mcnally, mous, Kane in a debut and then rest of the squad made up of youngsters.
‘Crap’ - What you are talking

This evening Agyei scores a wonder goal but frustratingly did little else apart from hold the ball up well at times.
I really want him to do well, but I also want him to show some even more effort and endeavour and not slouch around like a jilted teenager who’s just been dumped. What else is he capable of if he can just turn it on and curl one in from 25 yards when he feels like it?
I‘m no great fan of Agyei or Winnall and I’m disappointed we haven’t brought in serious competition for Taylor in this window.
Yep, we dont have enough up front. Best midfield in the league by an absolute mile, just hope Taylor stays fit! Likewise Seddon. I know this wont surprise people, but weve not done quite enough for me to make us top 2 candidates.

For someone so young Elechi tired too early in the game, and even before then didn't commit to tackles enough, against a second Cambridge string. He's far from backup for the first team at the moment, playing against a first string league one attack would be worrying.
Complete rubbish. Elechi had a really decent first half, and had to play out of position second half and naturally was against it because of McNally's red. He started to tire around 70 which for a youngster who played 25 minutes 10v11 out of position is not bad at all. He also didn't get enough defensive support from Holland and when attacking was ignored a few times by him too.

I don't know what your issue is with our youth players but for some reason you keep making s**t up about them and claiming it as fact when its absolute B*****s.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE FANS!

Osei-Yaw not even making the squad says a lot about his prospects with us.
Can only move on loan to non-league as well now.
Well Karl was surprised to see him when he turned up at last year’s training camp - read into that what you will regarding who recruited and bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom