Home Match Day Thread 5/10/2021 PJT: OUFC v Stevenage

I think we were a striker short anyway, given Winnall's performances.

Unhappily and despite my best hopes, I think Agyei may not be able to step up enough to be a credible starter should Taylor get crocked/suspended. So we should be in the market for a striker (preferably two) in January.

How interesting eh?

Every game for the last two seasons it’s ‘Why isn’t Agyei starting?’ and ‘This game needs Agyei’ and having a go at Karl.
And then he plays a few games against League 2 opposition, puts in weak performances, and then it’s ‘We NEED a new striker to cover Taylor’ and ‘We should loan Agyei out’.

No disrespect to Agyei as he’s clearly a talented player and a seems a top lad but it’s funny how much better a player becomes when they’re not playing

How interesting eh?

Every game for the last two seasons it’s ‘Why isn’t Agyei starting?’ and ‘This game needs Agyei’ and having a go at Karl.
And then he plays a few games against League 2 opposition, puts in weak performances, and then it’s ‘We NEED a new striker to cover Taylor’ and ‘We should loan Agyei out’.

No disrespect to Agyei as he’s clearly a talented player and a seems a top lad but it’s funny how much better a player becomes when they’re not playing
It happened to Cooper as well.
I guess that when the team are doing poorly, the players not in the team tend to become better players!
With regard to Agyei, everybody can see that he has potential but fans seem very divided over whether he will really make it or not. It appears that more now have doubts.

I guess that when the team are doing poorly, the players not in the team tend to become better players!
With regard to Agyei, everybody can see that he has potential but fans seem very divided over whether he will really make it or not. It appears that more now have doubts.
He’ll either go to Wrexham or Peterborough, it’s down to him. He does seem to have a problem with confidence and concentration. It’s odd seeing him doing the lap of honour at the end of a game, he looks so shy and vulnerable despite being a really fine tall figure of a man. But he’s clearly not the messiah , hopefully now people will stop berating ‘Robinson’ for not playing him the next time we don’t win.

He’ll either go to Wrexham or Peterborough, it’s down to him. He does seem to have a problem with confidence and concentration. It’s odd seeing him doing the lap of honour at the end of a game, he looks so shy and vulnerable despite being a really fine tall figure of a man. But he’s clearly not the messiah , hopefully now people will stop berating ‘Robinson’ for not playing him the next time we don’t win.
Agree with you there mate, its just incredible how quickly people have turned from literally thinking as you say he's the messiah, to saying he shouldn't be at the club anymore!

I think cooper has to be given more leeway, as this was his first proper outing for the club in twelve months and since whatever issue took him back to Ireland, so he has to be given time to re-find his feet before being written off.

I think cooper has to be given more leeway, as this was his first proper outing for the club in twelve months and since whatever issue took him back to Ireland, so he has to be given time to re-find his feet before being written off.
I felt he looked a bit overweight yesterday

It was telling that Cooper was left behind in a sprint with the Stevenage player running with the ball. If that is a true reflection of speed then sadly Cooper is not in the picture

Technically he's probably just leapfrogged Ivo Pękalski on the list in between 73 minutes and full-time.
Dwight Tiendalli was capped by Holland, somehow. I still remember his display at Fleetwood. It‘s been a long time since I saw a footballer so obviously unfit. The comedy double act of McGuckin and Jarman came close, but they could at least trot at medium pace. I think even Tiendalli realised he was way past it. He was so bad it was funny. The look of horror on his face when anyone ran at him was worth the price of admission. Don‘t think he played football at any level ever again after we released him. He was Clotet’s second most useless signing. The worst was the Spanish medical student , whose name I have thankfully forgotten.

Dwight Tiendalli was capped by Holland, somehow. I still remember his display at Fleetwood. It‘s been a long time since I saw a footballer so obviously unfit. The comedy double act of McGuckin and Jarman came close, but they could at least trot at medium pace. I think even Tiendalli realised he was way past it. He was so bad it was funny. The look of horror on his face when anyone ran at him was worth the price of admission. Don‘t think he played football at any level ever again after we released him. He was Clotet’s second most useless signing. The worst was the Spanish medical student , whose name I have thankfully forgotten.
If I remember correctly he did one move that was sublime just one though.

I’d suggest Agyie has just played his way out of the club and I’d be surprised if Cooper ever made it here too. Harsh I know but if we are ambitious like Robinson says we are then we need better.

Ah, Xemi...lovely bedside manner and warm, gentle hands but sadly absolute sh*t on a football pitch.

Ah, Xemi...lovely bedside manner and warm, gentle hands but sadly absolute sh*t on a football pitch.
That’s the chap! The fulcrum of our fabulous midfield on the day we narrowly lost 7-0 at home to Wigan. I think Clotet actually dropped Ledson for him. SuperDwight was playing at right back and was instantly targeted by Wigan players who kept running past him.

Surely Pekalski was the worst as he never actually played? Xemi I think actually scored a goal for us. It may have been in a pre season friendly though.

Just on KR's reaction to one move by Cooper, I would say that he will not be seen again this season. Watching from the SSU it was quite apparent that KR was exasperated by the poor positional play and poor passing. Agyei, on the other hand, has shown that he can be good but, just doesn't show enough. I'm very disappointed as I have felt that he could be very good and needed to be played. Great shame but he does stay fit unlike Winnall.

Apparently no one was very good last night, let’s not write off Dan yet, hopefully he’ll still have a part to play, though it seems like we do need to get another striker at Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom