Home Match Day Thread 5/10/2021 PJT: OUFC v Stevenage

That’s not how cup football works though is it? The higher placed team doesn’t win every time.

If you care about the Leyland windscreen shield then you have to much time on your hands.

At the age of 77 and a lifelong supporter, I do have plenty of time on my hands but I do not like to see our team capitulate no matter what competition it is in. This is obviously of no consequence to you though.

Slumberland, Pompei and being sent to Coventry all didn't mind winning the contentious thing did they? And this season Slumberland (again), Sheff Wed, Charlton, Ipswich and Bolton are still at this point all in the mix to move into the next stage. These are all biggish clubs with bigger fan bases than ours and even though plenty of their fan base will rubbish the contentious trophy the final crowd will still be a big one with any of the above teams competing in the final. It is the owners who want some silverware and a day out mark my words.

KR knew after the Cambridge Ppj trophy match that he needed to compete and beat Stevenage Tuesday as the Tottenham Boys match will now be a virtual lost leader in terms of any interest and this isn't a pleasing conundrum for the upstairs soon to be owners.

When Stevenage scored what proved to be the winner KR'S face said it all. This loss hurt more than many of our fans think. His attack on his team was probably the heaviest I have ever heard full stop and the swashbuckling shut your mouth to a fan in the south stand showed me that this was a little more important than most stay away fans think of this competition.

The club could have engineered a quick exit by playing a mainly youthful side but the starting eleven on Tuesday said otherwise.

There was more to this loss than many of you think...one being a probable emptier stadium than anyone thought possible for the last match in this group stage.

Obviously we are not mathematically out but a betting shoe in says otherwise.

By the way I do not like the Premier sides competing but unfortunately they do but in any game OUFC play in I will always want my team to win no matter what.

Enjoy replying.

COYY'S

Shows how far the Clubs are detached from the mindset of the fans when it comes to this abomination of a Trophy, with the notable exception of a Wembley final.

At the age of 77 and a lifelong supporter, I do have plenty of time on my hands but I do not like to see our team capitulate no matter what competition it is in. This is obviously of no consequence to you though.
I guess that it is 4th priority of all competitions.
It appears that many supporters with STs couldn't be bothered to go (I include myself in this)
It is a little concerning that we didn't win a game that we should have.
But Wednesday was a terrific performance and result and Plymouth is a big game and far far more important.
I was a bit disappointed that O Donkor, JJ and even Nosakhare didn't start the game as I would have used it to blood the youngsters.
Hopefully against Plymouth Kane, Taylor Gorrin are back and can forget Stevenage.

I guess that it is 4th priority of all competitions.
It appears that many supporters with STs couldn't be bothered to go (I include myself in this)
It is a little concerning that we didn't win a game that we should have.
But Wednesday was a terrific performance and result and Plymouth is a big game and far far more important.
I was a bit disappointed that O Donkor, JJ and even Nosakhare didn't start the game as I would have used it to blood the youngsters.
Hopefully against Plymouth Kane, Taylor Gorrin are back and can forget Stevenage.
I thought O’Dinker may have had a run out before young Davis

That’s the chap! The fulcrum of our fabulous midfield on the day we narrowly lost 7-0 at home to Wigan. I think Clotet actually dropped Ledson for him. SuperDwight was playing at right back and was instantly targeted by Wigan players who kept running past him.
The weird thing about the Clotet season is we started looking decent. Even Gino Van Kessel looked good early days, think it was MK Dons when I turned to my mate and said "actually, he's basically just got pace and nothing else!"

At least the floorboards wont be creaking this year when 30000 fans suddenly appear to go to Wembley, where were they on Tuesday, with the exception that are not able to make it for obvious reasons.

That’s not how cup football works though is it? The higher placed team doesn’t win every time.

If you care about the Leyland windscreen shield then you have to much time on your hands.
We should have won that game, KR was rightly seething and I don't blame him.
I don't care much for the competition but I do care about winning every time we step onto the pitch. Anyone who says otherwise is not being honest with themselves!!

Back
Top Bottom