General Academy watch

The second video - Fraser Barnsley the keeper sounds very switched on also.
Thought the same - we seem to have a lot of decent looking keepers coming through, with Stevens becoming no1 and Eddie Brearey having success recently too. Hopefully he can follow in their footsteps and we have a decent group of young, talented keepers.

Thought the same - we seem to have a lot of decent looking keepers coming through, with Stevens becoming no1 and Eddie Brearey having success recently too. Hopefully he can follow in their footsteps and we have a decent group of young, talented keepers.

We also have an u15 keeper who has been called up for the England u15 training squad and he has been playing above his year iirc.

We also have an u15 keeper who has been called up for the England u15 training squad and he has been playing above his year iirc.
Yep, Monty Marriott. Clearly our Academy have a good eye for a keeper at the moment! And with Wayne Brown as the first team coach and seeing how he's helped Easty and Stevens I'm confident at least one of them will make the grade eventually.

Yep, Monty Marriott. Clearly our Academy have a good eye for a keeper at the moment! And with Wayne Brown as the first team coach and seeing how he's helped Easty and Stevens I'm confident at least one of them will make the grade eventually.
We've had others too, including Max Harris who has just signed a new deal at Cheltenham and Max Crocombe who had a decent couple of seasons in England after leaving us and is now on the other side of the world, not to mention being a play-off defeat away from playing in the World Cup....

We've had others too, including Max Harris who has just signed a new deal at Cheltenham and Max Crocombe who had a decent couple of seasons in England after leaving us and is now on the other side of the world, not to mention being a play-off defeat away from playing in the World Cup....

Having watched Max Crocombe in the A League, we made the correct decision in releasing him. That said I'm glad a youth player has gone on to have a decent career after leaving us.

3 more good interviews on the latest video.

Erion Zabeli has already played for Albania at U17s level.
Enrique Tiamuna has been at Arsenal and Chelsea
Amari Davis-Stephenson has come in from QPR

Seems a well recruited cohort!

Chapman, Plumley, Elechi, LCP and Goodrham all had some loan exposure this season.

Slavi Spasov is one who hasn't got out on loan thus far, I know he was coming back from injury, but having been out at Conference level with Woking last season, I would have thought he'd be lined up for a loan of some sorts. We took up the option on his contract and he had featured in pre-season, but not got near the Pizza trophy squad

Has he suffered from us not getting through to the U21's cup/league thing?

The curious case of Yoav Sade continues also, with no loan and little mention of him, much like his entire time at the club. Really odd one to extend his contract.

Chapman, Plumley, Elechi, LCP and Goodrham all had some loan exposure this season.

Slavi Spasov is one who hasn't got out on loan thus far, I know he was coming back from injury, but having been out at Conference level with Woking last season, I would have thought he'd be lined up for a loan of some sorts. We took up the option on his contract and he had featured in pre-season, but not got near the Pizza trophy squad

Has he suffered from us not getting through to the U21's cup/league thing?

The curious case of Yoav Sade continues also, with no loan and little mention of him, much like his entire time at the club. Really odd one to extend his contract.
Disappointing that Spasov after Lopes, seems to have suffered from injury and maybe won't manage to fulfil their potential.
It looks like Lopes hasn't managed to find a club.

Disappointing that Spasov after Lopes, seems to have suffered from injury and maybe won't manage to fulfil their potential.
It looks like Lopes hasn't managed to find a club.

I was searching about earlier to see if any of the released young lads had picked up clubs, knowing that Nico Jones signed for Brentford B and Kyran Lofthouse for Woking.

Dylan Asongyani - Maidenhead
Fabio Lopes - seemingly no club
Fabio Sole - seemingly no club but has set up a company looking at mental health in football - https://footballersminds.com/
Jack Stevens - Banbury United after leaving Hayes & Yeading

I was searching about earlier to see if any of the released young lads had picked up clubs, knowing that Nico Jones signed for Brentford B and Kyran Lofthouse for Woking.

Dylan Asongyani - Maidenhead
Fabio Lopes - seemingly no club
Fabio Sole - seemingly no club but has set up a company looking at mental health in football - https://footballersminds.com/
Jack Stevens - Banbury United after leaving Hayes & Yeading
How have Brentford managed to have a 'B' side? They're the only team I can think of who seem to openly refer to their B side.

Getting some more kids through is something we should be aiming for as we grow as a club with the investment from the consortium.

We seem to have had quite a few talented players with seemingly great potential not make it for whatever reason. I feel like if we can't get Tyler Goodrham through then it would be really poor as he looks really talented.

Think this being our 3rd straight year of promotion chasing has meant we have little chance to give the young lads meaningful game time

I do also think for all of Robinson’s bluster he’s very cautious giving them a chance, it literally took Eastwood costing us a goal almost every game and looking mentally ruined for many many months for him to finally give Stevens a go

And I don’t think anyone else is really come through the youth system since Robinson has been here despite the youth team constantly performing well

Not blaming it all on Robinson at all, there are so many variables with young players, but it’s definitely disappointing to see so many get touted and nothing ever come of it

Back
Top Bottom