Bank holiday games

Oxford57

Any idea if the Boxing Day and the New Years game will be available as both not on a Saturday ?

Any idea if the Boxing Day and the New Years game will be available as both not on a Saturday ?
It seems they make it up as they go. This is what they say:
The EFL has returned to the position it held prior to the pandemic when the live broadcast or streaming of any match in the UK (including Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland) was prohibited between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on Saturday afternoons (Article 48).

But, this is what they publish:

1638013891544.png

So, the answer is, no.

It seems they make it up as they go. This is what they say:
The EFL has returned to the position it held prior to the pandemic when the live broadcast or streaming of any match in the UK (including Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland) was prohibited between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on Saturday afternoons (Article 48).

But, this is what they publish:

View attachment 7560

So, the answer is, no.
Or vpn

I believe it is up to the home club to decide whether it wants to make any non-Saturday 3pm game available to iFollow.

It may be that a decision hasn't been made yet.

I suppose the Boxing Day game will be Portsmouth’s choice.
It’s probably not a financially good move for a club to allow iFollow access if they don’t have too. But would be useful if they do

It’s probably not a financially good move for a club to allow iFollow access if they don’t have too. But would be useful if they do

Problem with ifollow is its £10 to watch the match and you can invite as many people as you want round to watch it in your house so is a real loss in bums on seat and match day revenue, I'm not sure how much of the £10 goes to the home club and does it even get split between both clubs? I can see why it's only allowed for international viewers for most games.

Problem with ifollow is its £10 to watch the match and you can invite as many people as you want round to watch it in your house so is a real loss in bums on seat and match day revenue, I'm not sure how much of the £10 goes to the home club and does it even get split between both clubs? I can see why it's only allowed for international viewers for most games.
I don’t agree....
The only reason you would spend £10 to watch I follow live games is if you were unable to attend a match, especially our level, if you could go to the match, you would, I don’t think there will be too many large groups of OUFC fans manipulating ifollow and watching on TV rather than going to the game.
We have 3 season tickets up in Lincoln however there are lots of games we can not attend so the club actually gets more money from supporters like us as all midweek games are watched and paid for in I follow....
There is no difference in paying £70 plus quid a month for sky sports to watch premiership and championship teams play every night, arm chair football fans on the whole never attend matches in the flesh...

It’s certainly not in the interest of the club to advertise that the game is available on iFollow before tickets on sale.

I know people feel very strongly that the availability of the game on iFollow doesn’t affect attendances but if we were not performing so well and I hadn’t bought my ticket in advance for a cold wet run up the M6 I would be one to turn to ifollow instead.

Pompey pretty much sell out don't they?

If so, extra cash allowing it on iFollow but as said below by others, if it is, it won't be announced to tickets have been on sale a fair while.

I don’t agree....
The only reason you would spend £10 to watch I follow live games is if you were unable to attend a match, especially our level, if you could go to the match, you would, I don’t think there will be too many large groups of OUFC fans manipulating ifollow and watching on TV rather than going to the game.
We have 3 season tickets up in Lincoln however there are lots of games we can not attend so the club actually gets more money from supporters like us as all midweek games are watched and paid for in I follow....
There is no difference in paying £70 plus quid a month for sky sports to watch premiership and championship teams play every night, arm chair football fans on the whole never attend matches in the flesh...

Maybe a poll needs to be added to this thread to see how many would rather pay £10 per family to watch in the comfort of their home or would rather pay £20 + each and go to the breeze block on a cold winters day? I guess the only way we would find out for sure is if ifollow did a trial on a Saturday game. Obviously the hardcore fans will always attend but can't say the same for casuals.

Maybe a poll needs to be added to this thread to see how many would rather pay £10 per family to watch in the comfort of their home or would rather pay £20 + each and go to the breeze block on a cold winters day? I guess the only way we would find out for sure is if ifollow did a trial on a Saturday game. Obviously the hardcore fans will always attend but can't say the same for casuals.
It’s not hardcore to turn up at your home ground and support your team!

However, it isn’t very appealing to travel up the M6 to Shrewsbury for the 5th time on a Saturday and might be when the club lose out on my attendance if the game is available on iFollow.

For a start I’d pay £10 if available to watch us play Sunderland at 3pm on I follow compared to the travel costs for attending. No advance train tickets. Not even sure can book seats. Last train out of Newcastle just after six on the day and with engineering works might not get back to connecting trains at Waterloo. Oh and hotels in Newcastle On Saturdays in December aren’t cheap.

IIRC something like the 1st 400 away fans £10 would go to the home club, and any away fan subscribers over that 400 would go to the away club. That’s how it worked last season.

IIRC something like the 1st 400 away fans £10 would go to the home club, and any away fan subscribers over that 400 would go to the away club. That’s how it worked last season.

I seem to recall hearing similar but not 400 specifically; instead a number agreed by the two clubs beforehand based on estimated attendance.

Memory may be playing tricks on me of course.

I seem to recall hearing similar but not 400 specifically; instead a number agreed by the two clubs beforehand based on estimated attendance.

Memory may be playing tricks on me of course.
There was a thread on this subject a while back, which touches on this...

Back
Top Bottom