BEL v POR

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Goal fest. 😁
To be fair to you Portugal had 23 shots in the end… they just couldn’t score any of them! Belgium also really should have done better with some of the breaks they had. Could easily have been 2-1 or 2-2 which is a goalfest by these Euros standard

To be fair to you Portugal had 23 shots in the end… they just couldn’t score any of them! Belgium also really should have done better with some of the breaks they had. Could easily have been 2-1 or 2-2 which is a goalfest by these Euros standard

One of the frustrating things watching Portugal is how Ronaldo pulls rank and takes every single free kick... then normally smashes it into the wall or over the bar. Glad they're out to be honest, the fawning over Ronaldo gets a little worse every game he plays.

Speaking of Ronaldo... I recall his first game back in England after the Rooney red card winking incident was a pre season friendly at the Kassam. I'm certain I remember Eddie Anaclet nutmegging Gabriel Heinze... did he also nutmeg Ronaldo?

It must be a bit despairing if any other Portuguese player getting a mention with Ronaldo in the team similar to Wales and the petulant Bale

I recall his first game back in England after the Rooney red card winking incident was a pre season friendly at the Kassam.
I was at reception as the players disembarked the team bus. There was the usual throng of people "greeting" the opposition and when Ronaldo reached the steps, the volume of the welcome increased. He paused, looked slowly from left to right, nodding as he did so with a smug grin.

He was taking it all in, almost savouring the moment. I'll bet he remembers that more than the two goals he scored that night - he was class.

One of the frustrating things watching Portugal is how Ronaldo pulls rank and takes every single free kick... then normally smashes it into the wall or over the bar. Glad they're out to be honest, the fawning over Ronaldo gets a little worse every game he plays.

Ian Wright disputing that Ronaldo is good at free kicks because he misses so many made me chuckle.

Another game like many over the past year or so i could not get interested in, turned it off after 50 odd minutes.

Back
Top Bottom