National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Well, he`s just said he won`t call a GE so option 4 is off the table, unless he was bluffing...................

PS: I don`t need a "safe space" because, whatever happens, its a Conservative government until 2024.
Enjoy it because they will be done until 2034. Boris single handily split the party to the core. He has tarnished the ethical and moral principles upon which the party is based. Once Boris has gone the party has nothing left but a number of senior party members who have sold their soul to the devil.

Enjoy it because they will be done until 2034. Boris single handily split the party to the core. He has tarnished the ethical and moral principles upon which the party is based. Once Boris has gone the party has nothing left but a number of senior party members who have sold their soul to the devil.

That would suit my economic future just fine as I`m sure Labour will look after early retirees. :)

Will the podium appear outside Number 10?

Will we sign anyone?

Which will happen first?

Do you seriously think Westminster has the appetite for PR? Sadly they do not or we would have it by now.
Things they are a changing. The Labour primary backers in the form of the unions are starting to push for it. Greens, Lib Dems who will be stronger after the next election will use it to form a coalition with Labour. Prediction for 2024.

Will the podium appear outside Number 10?

Will we sign anyone?

Which will happen first?
The way it's going Mad Nad could be chancellor by the weekend. If I were a Tory I would worry about the long term effects of this polical shambles. The accusation will soon be the party has shown they are no fit to govern.

But once we have PR we all get a greater choice of who to vote for and every vote will count. Got to be a win win.

An alliance would not follow through with it, because once they have power the mindset always changes.

Neither would such an alliance put it in a manifesto, for what that is worth.

I would be very surprised to see a genuine PR option feature again in my lifetime.

He`s not gone yet btw.

For me I thought this morning I thought if Michael Gove quit that would be it. Still think he will be gone tonight

Make it non Party specific like the Referendum and make the result binding.
I still feel the press would round against it. Too much self interest from 'the elite', I'd fear that any debate on the subject would be very skewed, can see the 'hung parliaments mean nothing will get done' and 'minority extremists will be kingmakers' nonsense being headlines all over the place from what is a predominantly right wing press.

I still feel the press would round against it. Too much self interest from 'the elite', I'd fear that any debate on the subject would be very skewed, can see the 'hung parliaments mean nothing will get done' and 'minority extremists will be kingmakers' nonsense being headlines all over the place from what is a predominantly right wing press.

The 'hung parliament' comment could be easily countered by pointing out that the Tory/Lib Dem was a fantastic Govt in comparison to what has followed.

Back
Top Bottom