Boro fan sat next to me today

BigAlan

Had a Middlesboro fan sat beside me today, he is doing all 92 clubs and only has three left, Forest Green, Plymouth and the Scum, suggested he might want to give that last one a miss.

Took him 50 mins to get from the train station to the ground and what with all the sending offs, bookings, time wasting plus the half time incident he had no chance of getting back to the station to get his train home, that is until I offered him a lift, was happy and he got there in plenty of time.

Said they should have kept Marcus Browne as he was very good.

My good deed of the year done already.

Had a Middlesboro fan sat beside me today, he is doing all 92 clubs and only has three left, Forest Green, Plymouth and the Scum, suggested he might want to give that last one a miss.

Took him 50 mins to get from the train station to the ground and what with all the sending offs, bookings, time wasting plus the half time incident he had no chance of getting back to the station to get his train home, that is until I offered him a lift, was happy and he got there in plenty of time.

Nice. I know lots of Boro fans - good folk. Hope he enjoyed his day!

He did, jumped up when we got the equaliser and again when Mr Holland sent us home happy, thought Pompey were a load of pansies falling down.

Haha. Glad he enjoyed seeing us as part of his 92. Fair play for helping with the lift too [emoji1303]

Don't believe him.
I've been trying to do the 92 grounds for years. But every time I get close clubs like Chesterfield and Notts County bomb out and get replaced by your Salfords and Harrogates. And then I turn round and find that clubs like Hull and West Ham have moved stadiums. So while I can say that I've been to Hereford and Torquay (saw Jack Midson score a hat-trick there) I've not been able to go to Brentford's new stadium, or Derby's for that matter.
It's a lifetime's work....

Tell him if he signs this, he may never have to do that tedious trip ever again and possibly have another new ground to go to ๐Ÿ˜‰.

For much of the game that was not pretty to watch. The opposite to the Sheffield Wednesday game. The best that can be said for Portsmouth is that they did the negatives well. I really couldn't see where a goal would come from as they stifle everything and we struggled to do anything in their box. But then.... seriously how many games have seen such game changing quality goals from distance? Horror and beauty in equal measure.

Last edited:
Don't believe him.
I've been trying to do the 92 grounds for years. But every time I get close clubs like Chesterfield and Notts County bomb out and get replaced by your Salfords and Harrogates. And then I turn round and find that clubs like Hull and West Ham have moved stadiums. So while I can say that I've been to Hereford and Torquay (saw Jack Midson score a hat-trick there) I've not been able to go to Brentford's new stadium, or Derby's for that matter.
It's a lifetime's work....
Yeah but itโ€™s great because you have to keep going to football.

i've spoken about the time it takes from the Train Station and was told it's just fans making excuses not to attend next time.

what needs keeping in mind is it's not just football fans, the bus is stopping every few moments to let shoppers on/ off

Have travelled back on the bus with various visiting fans some of whom are in panic mode as they have just 1 train to get home (as indeed i do)

it's not a great experience standing in a que waiting for buses often in the cold and pouring rain to then have 3/4 arrive at once and you're packed in like sardines on the journey back to the station.

i've spoken about the time it takes from the Train Station and was told it's just fans making excuses not to attend next time.

what needs keeping in mind is it's not just football fans, the bus is stopping every few moments to let shoppers on/ off

Have travelled back on the bus with various visiting fans some of whom are in panic mode as they have just 1 train to get home (as indeed i do)

it's not a great experience standing in a que waiting for buses often in the cold and pouring rain to then have 3/4 arrive at once and you're packed in like sardines on the journey back to the station.

We should be definitely using this as an answer when it comes to the question why develop Stratfield Brake. Other fans/our fanbase always say our attendances are poor and this is one of the main reasons.

If we moved closer to a train station I'd attend twice as many home games.

Back
Top Bottom