Bringing 4 year old daughter for the first time..

I just think about the couple of occasions this season where away fans have tried to get across the barrier, seems madness to me to have my kids in there so I choose not to.

I just think about the couple of occasions this season where away fans have tried to get across the barrier, seems madness to me to have my kids in there so I choose not to.
Ha, did they really try? Or just pretend to be trying , to look hard? Prats. We have our share of losers in that area too.

How does it compare to the old family area in SSL? (That's where I used to go with my kids when they were younger)
The ssl was a rubbish view so low and also far away from the London road end.

I remember my younger years sitting on the bar of the osler Road looking over and trying to work out what the London Road were singing.

As I mentioned a few times I take my son who's seven at the beginning of the season he would want toilet every 5 mins get bored fidgety now he stands he sings sort of he claps and jumps around when we score he's also getting to recognise players names its actually quite a big achievement.fir him to be able to attend football because he's also autistic and finds certain situation difficult

Well not a bad 1st game to pick!!

Everything went smoothly. Got their early, so rather than hang around outside we started off with a visit to the soft play place. After sausage and chips, we got a couple of souvenirs and headed into the ground.

She thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn’t even need to get the iPad / colouring book out. Of course we enjoyed the 1st half, but in the 2nd she seemed to be more intently watching the game.

Really friendly atmosphere in the family section and just a brilliant afternoon.

I’m not going to pick any holes in it because I know the clubs hands are tied with the facilities. However when we get the new ground I hope the club can cater slightly better for the younger fans, maybe have their own soft play area pre-match / have nicer toilet facilities etc.

I’ll probably enjoy the next couple of games on my own, but will get her back once more this season.

Pah, all this support for kids nonsense?

Back in my day as a kid, there was no roof for me in the Beech Road Terrace, had to get there two hours early and stand there to make sure I got a space at the front to be able to see, and was surrounded by smoking and swearing.

bd279459013331d07d7ac8fd58c97bc4.gif

(On a personal note, it’s really encouraging to hear all the good stuff we put on for families now. My girls are 7 and 5 and I probably won’t take them up until the eldest is about ten or eleven - so hopefully in a new ground!)

Back in my day as a kid, there was no roof for me in the Beech Road Terrace, had to get there two hours early and stand there to make sure I got a space at the front to be able to see, and was surrounded by smoking and swearing.
That kind of bad behaviour and shoddy facilities was why I stood in the London Road, where it was a lot more refined...

horse-racing-the-derby-epsom-top-hats-are-the-order-of-the-day-at-G96TP2.jpg

It’s quite a interesting point though how did we all end up following the mighty yellow where the only concession to children was the lower admission fee , It was either 10 or15p(1970-71), I started going with a friend from scouts

Back
Top Bottom