Cardiff 1 - Oxford 3 1994 (THAT Moody goal)

• Thread starter Deleted member 142
  • Start date
I seem to remember that in the return, at the Manor, Cardiff were intent on getting Moody sent off and kept fouling him until he retaliated and was dismissed.

The OB kept us back a while, then out us in police vans to get us back to the station without getting ambushed. When we got there we jumped out of the van, straight into loads of City just inside the station ? good timing from the OB

Phil Stant scoring for Cardiff. Lower league journeyman striker and Falklands war veteran!

I seem to remember that in the return, at the Manor, Cardiff were intent on getting Moody sent off and kept fouling him until he retaliated and was dismissed.
Remember that well. I remember Paul Wanless making a rare appearance for us that day and giving them some back!

Precisely.

Probably the most thuggish display I ever saw from a visiting team.

Paul Moody was guilty of little more of attempting to defend himself from a mob of assailants, and Cardiff for their part should have been down to 8 men by the end of 90 minutes.

A most spineless refereeing display, that day.

Back
Top Bottom