General Stadium Catering

Not seen any mention of this but, noted the appearance of another burger/hot dog van set up outside the SSL/SSU turnstiles yesterday. Given the length of the queues recently, this is a good move from @Farrscatering well done, hope it works out for you.
Is it Farrs catering? Thought menu was a hell of an updraft when walking past unless that was a con for the fans to stop and then end up with the rubbery cheese burger or the limp sausage.

Is it Farrs catering? Thought menu was a hell of an updraft when walking past unless that was a con for the fans to stop and then end up with the rubbery cheese burger or the limp sausage.
I believe @Farrscatering hold the concession rights for the stadium. It did look like a newish van, "Gourmet something or other" I thought the Beef Wellington was a little overpriced but hey, where else you going to get one on a Saturday afternoon?

Was there any reason why the SSU (Blocks 9 &10) had literally NO* hot food options available at half time yesterday?

Our party had 5 hungry children amongst it and there wasn’t a sausage roll or pie to be had, other than an utterly horrendous ‘rollover’ hot dog.

*vegan pasty being the exception but I don’t regard that as a food option!

It’s not the first time this season that there has been no hot food available at half time.

Was there any reason why the SSU (Blocks 9 &10) had literally NO* hot food options available at half time yesterday?

Our party had 5 hungry children amongst it and there wasn’t a sausage roll or pie to be had, other than an utterly horrendous ‘rollover’ hot dog.

It’s not the first time this season that there has been no hot food available at half time.

Next time tell your party to get their food before the game from the burger vans outside the ground, not only is it cheaper it's better food than the crap served in the ground.

Next time tell your party to get their food before the game from the burger vans outside the ground, not only is it cheaper it's better food than the crap served in the ground.
it does help if the burger van bothers to let you know- Via a sizable notice- ( in advance of Queueing for 10-15 mins) -whether they have what you want or not

Not really the point though, is it?

But the point I was putting across is the catering in the ground is awful, always has been. Until we get a new ground with proper food outlets like at the mk stadium I would look at other alternatives.

• React
Reactions: QR
But the point I was putting across is the catering in the ground is awful, always has been. Until we get a new ground with proper food outlets like at the mk stadium I would look at other alternatives.

I actually think the pies and sausage rolls are pretty good from Farrs - when they are actually available!

The pies are very nice.

For a lunchtime kick off that’s pretty poor!

Shame we didn’t have the caterers from the Memorial ground - they serve a range of pies,that are possibly the best in league one

The vegan pasties are actually very nice. Your loss if you're that narrow minded

Back
Top Bottom