General Stadium Catering

Do you really think anyone would do anything about that? It's not covered by any law or trading standards offences.

Quality thread below nicely demonstrating that that you don't need knowledge on a subject to have an opinion.

Plus ça change.

Quality thread below nicely demonstrating that that you don't need knowledge on a subject to have an opinion.

Plus ça change.

Makes some of the threads on here look tame........... this was my favourite.

"Yorkie bars say “It’s not for girls” in big writing too. Should it also be illegal to sell it to or for a girl to eat it? The writing on the wrapper about multipacks has no basis in law, it’s what the manufacturer puts on it, however there is no law or rule about it. Thank god your favourite chocolate bar doesn’t ask you to stick it up your bum first or I’m sure you’d be doing life in prison!!"

Do you really think anyone would do anything about that? It's not covered by any law or trading standards offences.

But financially it would make even less sense. If Farrs are saying they're not turning much of a profit, then splitting a multipack instead of buying wholesale might run at a loss when other costs are considered.

Isn’t it simple those that want hot food (pies , burgers, sausage rolls , hot dogs ) go to farrs those that want snickers , Kit Kat and whatever chocolate bar is for you go to the shop on the way to the ground

Isn’t it simple those that want hot food (pies , burgers, sausage rolls , hot dogs ) go to farrs those that want snickers , Kit Kat and whatever chocolate bar is for you go to the shop on the way to the ground

They melt in your pocket...... :)

Makes some of the threads on here look tame........... this was my favourite.

"Yorkie bars say “It’s not for girls” in big writing too. Should it also be illegal to sell it to or for a girl to eat it? The writing on the wrapper about multipacks has no basis in law, it’s what the manufacturer puts on it, however there is no law or rule about it. Thank god your favourite chocolate bar doesn’t ask you to stick it up your bum first or I’m sure you’d be doing life in prison!!"
I’ve just had an idea for a new chocolate bar…

First of all, thanks to the catering company for producing better quality products (pies and sausage rolls) compared to what we were served up previously, hopefully the relationship with the club is strong.

unfortunately, I have been surprised by the lack of stock that remains during half time at our home games in the area where I sit (SSU). Yesterday I wanted to purchase a Guinness, orange fanta and a hot dog (not all for me but the nephew as well!). Unfortunately, having waited the best part of 15 minutes to get served, none of the items listed above were available. Is there no forward planning? Do the catering company and the club not discuss the likelihood of a sizeable crowd in advance?

On another thread, we are discussing the match day experience and atmosphere, I can’t help but feel a trick is being missed with the catering options. Surely enough cans of Guinness and bottles of Fanta can be purchased in advance to ensure there isn’t another shortage? We have experienced this issue on a number of occasions this season in the SSU.

All of the players wives and families sit in this area of the stadium. Many of them purchase items from the concourse at half time. While it won’t have a huge bearing on their respective partner who is playing for us, I do think we as a club can be doing more to showcase ourselves in this particular area.

Is there a reasonable explanation as to why 30/40 cans of larger/Guinness/Cider cannot be poured before half time? Therefore, when half time comes the staff are not scrabbling around trying to pour individual drinks for every order placed? Seems to make sense to pour a few in advance to help lower the queue and subsequently, get more people served (and make more money!).

As I said at the top, I hope the relationship between the club and the CC is flourishing. I don’t think it hurts to try and improve on what is already being offered up.

Food is getting better, so fair play to farrs for that, pies have always been good but the cheeseburgers have improved massively, the rolls are tastier and the burgers are thicker and actually taste nice. Still think we should be offering chocalate bars, I know it’s been covered before but I don’t really want to pay £3 for a bag of chocalate, I just want a chocalate bar.
Would be good if there were meal deals too, so cheeseburger/pie, soft/hot drink and chocalate bar/crisps for a little cheaper than if bought individually.

First of all, thanks to the catering company for producing better quality products (pies and sausage rolls) compared to what we were served up previously, hopefully the relationship with the club is strong.

unfortunately, I have been surprised by the lack of stock that remains during half time at our home games in the area where I sit (SSU). Yesterday I wanted to purchase a Guinness, orange fanta and a hot dog (not all for me but the nephew as well!). Unfortunately, having waited the best part of 15 minutes to get served, none of the items listed above were available. Is there no forward planning? Do the catering company and the club not discuss the likelihood of a sizeable crowd in advance?

On another thread, we are discussing the match day experience and atmosphere, I can’t help but feel a trick is being missed with the catering options. Surely enough cans of Guinness and bottles of Fanta can be purchased in advance to ensure there isn’t another shortage? We have experienced this issue on a number of occasions this season in the SSU.

All of the players wives and families sit in this area of the stadium. Many of them purchase items from the concourse at half time. While it won’t have a huge bearing on their respective partner who is playing for us, I do think we as a club can be doing more to showcase ourselves in this particular area.

Is there a reasonable explanation as to why 30/40 cans of larger/Guinness/Cider cannot be poured before half time? Therefore, when half time comes the staff are not scrabbling around trying to pour individual drinks for every order placed? Seems to make sense to pour a few in advance to help lower the queue and subsequently, get more people served (and make more money!).

As I said at the top, I hope the relationship between the club and the CC is flourishing. I don’t think it hurts to try and improve on what is already being offered up.

In that scenario you would have to have ordered pre half time or before the match kicks off so these cans could be poured before half time, and Al thought the likelihood of not selling opened cans of drink in readiness a not being sold, there is a possibility that it could happen.

In that scenario you would have to have ordered pre half time or before the match kicks off so these cans could be poured before half time, and Al thought the likelihood of not selling opened cans of drink in readiness a not being sold, there is a possibility that it could happen.

How about vending machines with lager, cider etc in plastic bottles? That would speed the process up for the people who only want a drink not food.

Not really. Pre-poured cans to the amount I suggested would not out weigh the demand, not a chance.

I do like the idea of pre-ordering via an app or something like it. Pre order and pay and then have a collection point. It’d give staff a chance to get pints poured and dogs in rolls etc. very sophisticated indeed!

I do like the idea of pre-ordering via an app or something like it. Pre order and pay and then have a collection point. It’d give staff a chance to get pints poured and dogs in rolls etc. very sophisticated indeed!

That's the way forward, need to sort out the WiFi across the ground though.

Not really. Pre-poured cans to the amount I suggested would not out weigh the demand, not a chance.

Maybe something for the OUSP to present to the club

Back
Top Bottom