General Stadium Catering

No I think a separate pre-order queue would speed things up massively. If they had all the orders already made up, just sat on the side in numerical order then you’d just need to quickly show the server the order number on your phone and pick up your stuff, and on to the next one. Would remove loads of people from the main queues and therefore speed up the whole process, and would only need one or two extra member of staff to serve as the orders would be made up during the first half.
Use the match day subs, get them of there lazy a@@ses ,already been paid so no extra cost, sign a few autographs or a few selfies at the same time. Happy bunnies 😊

Use the match day subs, get them of there lazy a@@ses ,already been paid so no extra cost, sign a few autographs or a few selfies at the same time. Happy bunnies 😊
Practical thinking of the finest order!
Could you perhaps pop round to number 10 and sort them out as well?;)

BEWARE. My granddaughter was carrying a red hot cup of tea in one of those stupid cardboard cups with a plastic lid that didn’t fit. As she walked up the stairs in the stand the cardboard had softened and the cup ‘collapsed’ and spilt boiling water over her hand causing a severe scalding. The medical team were great, as were the stadium staff but nevertheless scalding hot water should not be put into those cardboard cups. I have since contacted the club and they will be talking to the catering company. Just be careful when you carry hot tea or coffee in those cups!

BEWARE. My granddaughter was carrying a red hot cup of tea in one of those stupid cardboard cups with a plastic lid that didn’t fit. As she walked up the stairs in the stand the cardboard had softened and the cup ‘collapsed’ and spilt boiling water over her hand causing a severe scalding. The medical team were great, as were the stadium staff but nevertheless scalding hot water should not be put into those cardboard cups. I have since contacted the club and they will be talking to the catering company. Just be careful when you carry hot tea or coffee in those cups!
Had exactly the same happen to me a couple of weeks back, luckily didn’t scald me but the cups are flimsy and the lids don’t seem to fit properly.

Evening all. Hope your well, happy new year and all that jaz.

Tbh this is the first I’ve seen of these meeting minutes, maybe because I was away with the Christmas markets, but I have now had a chance to have a look through them.

First of all, there is no plans to offer chocolate bars in the units. Im sorry.

Secondly, stock levels. Me and my wife have been developing our stock management system in conjunction with the new tills. We have put some new pieces of equipment in which means all transactions are now accurately logged and stock levels are monitored throughout the game. With this being said we are still experiencing massive stock shortages, someone mentioned guiness, it’s not difficult to order stock, if the wholesaler’s had it, also let’s not forget we didn’t know if we was going into lockdown again, and after throwing away circa £5k worth of carlsberg last time we went into lock down I only ordered what we thought we needed. Usually I would fill the stock rooms up but not this time.

Online ordering, we are planning to launch online ordering. The plan will be for a system which allows you to order and collect during the game, the tills we have installed were chosen with this exact reason in mind, this way we can utilise the same stock and not have to separate everything out. It should make life easier, as well as being able to see what stock is remaining.

We remain in discussions with the club regarding many aspects, and we remain committed to the fans.

@Pooleox i am aware of the incident and I’m looking into it. I will be in touch via email when I’m back in the office.

Waiting till half time to serve alcohol is one of my biggest headaches, and I have tried every which way I can to change this, and work continues to change this, it is not us, so when you hear other fans abusing my staff for having to wait please have a word.

In east stand we have started opening the bottle bar in the south end, this is and alcohol only express bar which is card only.

We are having new signage printed and installed, and when we do most till will be card only, only 1 till in each unit will accept cash, we will be going completely cashless soon, so please ensure if you want to pay cash you queue at the correct till.

Cheers all
Bailey & Rebecca

Tbh this is the first I’ve seen of these meeting minutes, maybe because I was away with the Christmas markets, but I have now had a chance to have a look through them.

Secondly, stock levels. Me and my wife have been developing our stock management system in conjunction with the new tills. We have put some new pieces of equipment in which means all transactions are now accurately logged and stock levels are monitored throughout the game. With this being said we are still experiencing massive stock shortages, someone mentioned guiness, it’s not difficult to order stock, if the wholesaler’s had it, also let’s not forget we didn’t know if we was going into lockdown again, and after throwing away circa £5k worth of carlsberg last time we went into lock down I only ordered what we thought we needed. Usually I would fill the stock rooms up but not this time.

Online ordering, we are planning to launch online ordering. The plan will be for a system which allows you to order and collect during the game, the tills we have installed were chosen with this exact reason in mind, this way we can utilise the same stock and not have to separate everything out. It should make life easier, as well as being able to see what stock is remaining.

We remain in discussions with the club regarding many aspects, and we remain committed to the fans.

@Pooleox i am aware of the incident and I’m looking into it. I will be in touch via email when I’m back in the office.

Waiting till half time to serve alcohol is one of my biggest headaches, and I have tried every which way I can to change this, and work continues to change this, it is not us, so when you hear other fans abusing my staff for having to wait please have a word.

In east stand we have started opening the bottle bar in the south end, this is and alcohol only express bar which is card only.

We are having new signage printed and installed, and when we do most till will be card only, only 1 till in each unit will accept cash, we will be going completely cashless soon, so please ensure if you want to pay cash you queue at the correct till.

Cheers all
Bailey & Rebecca

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any reason why the staff cannot open and pour (under the current canned offering) the drinks in readiness for halftime? I can’t imagine that they are sufficiently rushed off their feet prior to the break which would prevent this small change from having a positive impact. You mention the East stand, please can any changes also be implemented in all other parts of the ground as well?

Thanks
ECY

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any reason why the staff cannot open and pour (under the current canned offering) the drinks in readiness for halftime? I can’t imagine that they are sufficiently rushed off their feet prior to the break which would prevent this small change from having a positive impact. You mention the East stand, please can any changes also be implemented in all other parts of the ground as well?

Thanks
ECY
I do tell the staff in very rare circumstances to pre pour, but not very often. When ever we do pre pour we have a large amount of people complain because they “want a fresh one” and I know this happens because I’ve seen it. Very much a damned if you do damned if you don’t.
I also only allow my most trusted staff to pre pour, otherwise some staff go nuts and try to open everything their eyes land on. And also because the staff are not used to pouring, we have always been plastic, open the top and hand it over, plastics are starting to come back in and we’re trying to pick them up as we can.

As long as we have the staff we will have as much open as we can, we are ready to go with an express bar in north, just need the bodies. It very doubtful south will get express bars, but we are looking to put more tills in upstairs. When I win the lottery

I do tell the staff in very rare circumstances to pre pour, but not very often. When ever we do pre pour we have a large amount of people complain because they “want a fresh one” and I know this happens because I’ve seen it. Very much a damned if you do damned if you don’t.
I also only allow my most trusted staff to pre pour, otherwise some staff go nuts and try to open everything their eyes land on. And also because the staff are not used to pouring, we have always been plastic, open the top and hand it over, plastics are starting to come back in and we’re trying to pick them up as we can.

As long as we have the staff we will have as much open as we can, we are ready to go with an express bar in north, just need the bodies. It very doubtful south will get express bars, but we are looking to put more tills in upstairs. When I win the lottery

Fingers crossed the club can assist you with cost implications which will help to improve the service in the South. Seems a little backward that the most expensive ST’s in the ground could be left with the least efficient service at HT.

Cheers

Cheers all
Bailey & Rebecca
I’ve still not heard anything from the catering company re those awful cups, the very hot liquid from which burnt my granddaughter’s hand!

We may all have a moan about food from time to time but at least the pies at the Kassam don’t cost £7 each! Disgusting rip off by Wycombe. The people in the kiosk seemed embarrassed to charge it lol.

We may all have a moan about food from time to time but at least the pies at the Kassam don’t cost £7 each! Disgusting rip off by Wycombe. The people in the kiosk seemed embarrassed to charge it lol.
£7 pies and living in Wycombe. Wouldn't you be embarrassed

Imagine having 75000 fans in the ground and then announcing just before half-time, that there is no food or drink available.
This just happened at Old Trafford

Had to have a chuckle! How that can happen at a Premier League ground in the FA Cup is disgraceful.

As an aside, @Farrscatering - just to say the increase in food quality is welcomed. Very rarely used to grab anything at the ground when the money was going back into Kassams pockets but with the revenue going to the club have tried a few bits on the updated options you're now providing and was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work!

The day is coming where you just scan a card on the way into the ground/shop and get billed as you leave........... oh, its already started.

The pedantic scientist in me would like to point that it's not possible to be frictionless. Certainly not on Earth.

The day is coming where you just scan a card on the way into the ground/shop and get billed as you leave........... oh, its already started.
How does that work, does one person enter the kiosk at a time?

How does that work, does one person enter the kiosk at a time?

Good question! Not covered in any articles I can see.

I will never find out because I refuse to use self-service tills, self-service in banks and self-service petrol pumps.

Stopped at some services and M&S only had self-service tills with a member of staff standing by them.

Gave them something to do putting my shopping back. :)

Good question! Not covered in any articles I can see.

I will never find out because I refuse to use self-service tills, self-service in banks and self-service petrol pumps.

Stopped at some services and M&S only had self-service tills with a member of staff standing by them.

Gave them something to do putting my shopping back. :)
im-a-grumpy-old-man-grumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom