EFL Classified Football Results - Scrapped!

It’s a bit like the shipping forecast. Technology has rendered it far less relevant nowadays but it would be shame to see it depart. It feels part of the furniture, has a relaxing rhythm to it and still has its use - if you’re driving away from a game, it still proves to be a hands free method of hearing the full time scores around 5pm.

I don’t get what problem it solves by not reading them out. It takes a few minutes at most - why is that time needed for anything else? Also, the excuse for it is pretty flimsy. The vast majority of the EFL and Scottish Leagues kicks off at 3pm. It’s not like they’re without scores to read out.

It does feel as if there is a creeping culture within the organisations like the BBC and the National Trust, that they need to be seen to be doing something, anything as long as it’s seen to be ‘progressive’. If you dismiss or gradually alienate your core customer base then don’t be surprised if you lose their your support and funding as well.

could just about make the opening music if we rushed out of the London Road and straight down Lime walk where the car was parked.

Everyone checks their phones either during or after the game.

It's sadly just not essential anymore

Everyone checks their phones either during or after the game.

It's sadly just not essential anymore
The BBC results service online is excellent, it gives you a lot more detail of all the games than the radio could. Sad not to have the scores any more though, I wonder if they’ll keep the music?

Question - are the football pools still a thing? I assume they don't still wrap those into the Classified Football Results?

I remember it used to be fun, in the middle of winter when a bunch of games got postponed, they used to read out the pools predictions instead. Used to be great for some faux celebrations/outrage! Oxford United vs. Swindon Town.......Home Win.

Question - are the football pools still a thing? I assume they don't still wrap those into the Classified Football Results?

I remember it used to be fun, in the middle of winter when a bunch of games got postponed, they used to read out the pools predictions instead. Used to be great for some faux celebrations/outrage! Oxford United vs. Swindon Town.......Home Win.

They have kept up with tech........ https://www.footballpools.com/home

Don`t think the pools man comes around your house with coupons anymore................ :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom