Club identity/wearing away and 3rd kit unnecessarily

Just watched EFL Quest - Lincoln v Sheff Wed.
Lincoln obviously playing in their home kit, Red & White stripes, black shorts.
So what do Sheff Wed do, they play in their home kit as well Blue & White stripes, black sorts.
So effectively 2/3 of their kit was the same colour with the same design, ie stripes,.
Surely this was the classic case for wearing their 2nd or 3rd kit.
Sounds like a club resolut in displaying their club identity to me. Good on them.

I pointed out a while ago we don’t win away from home when we wear yellow. In fact we haven’t won away wearing yellow since 2019. Today we wore our white away kit for the first time this season and we won.

This is why Robinson doesn’t like wearing yellow away from home.

I pointed out a while ago we don’t win away from home when we wear yellow. In fact we haven’t won away wearing yellow since 2019. Today we wore our white away kit for the first time this season and we won.

Probably because we hardly ever wear it.

f045a1a7ab3d6a47de3d94ea37ff6790.jpg

I have a 7 year old yellow Oxford shirt, I have an oxford united dressing gown an oxford united plack over my bedroom door, and I have just purchased my yellow swimming trunks I am a pensioner and cannot afford another 2 shirts for away games, When going to away games how many away kits do you see in the away end very few. The revinue from these cannot be too great cant we do without this added expense we have always been the yellows and I hope we always will be not only the yellows at home but yellows away as well. Rogies

Why again are we wearing those navy, unsponsored crap shirts when we should be wearing our traditional yellow?

Morecambe play in red so why do we persist with this ridiculous policy.

The club almost deserve relegation when they keep making these **** ups.

The season has been disastrous in so many ways.

Why again are we wearing those navy, unsponsored crap shirts when we should be wearing our traditional yellow?

Morecambe play in red so why do we persist with this ridiculous policy.

The club almost deserve relegation when they keep making these **** ups.

The season has been disastrous in so many ways.
Absolutely agree, hopefully it's something Manning and or the board change.

All to do with marketing and selling shirts isn’t it.
That’s the modern game for you and it’s not going to change anytime soon either.

Why exactly was the kit we wore a cock-up?
Did it blend into the background like the infamous Man United grey kit vs Southampton?
Did it clash with the home kit and we had to wear the opposition training kit like vs Barnet ?
Was it indistinguishable for colour blind fans ?
Did it have a beer logo for an u-18 player ?
Did it have an unapproved sponsor logo ?

If you look at the history of HEADINGTON UNITED/ OXFORD UNITED.
Over time & various seasons we have had blue 2nd kit, mainly white kit for 2nd & dare I say it red & white on a lot of occasions. The 3rd kit is not as new idea as you think .our 1st sponsored shirt was the 80s I think .. Go on this site you see every kit since day 1Screenshot_2023-03-19-17-22-45-62_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2023-03-19-17-26-07-88_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Sorry that’s B*****s. The reason that we don’t win away or at home for that matter is because we’re not good enough. The players could play in their pyjamas and the result would be the same. In fact most of them appear to do so.

Jesus, if Robinson was wacko enough to believe that the colour of kit was to do with winning away then that goes along way to explaining how it has all fallen to pieces so badly.

Wouldn’t sign full backs but would choose the colour of the away kit, the man is/was a f*****g idiot.

Back
Top Bottom