Club Song

sentiment is good (re club song) , biggest problem is 'people' (some) want to change the original lyrics , yet all those clubs with thier own very sucessful club song belt it out with unchanged lyrics. Also the most sucessful ones have very simple to learn lyrics too- which makes any 'club' song totally inclusive, as in all supporters from the young to the old, can, if they wish, join in.

For me theres two contenders for being adopted as OUFC club song- both London Road favourites in late 60s- early to mid 70s, so there is a history with OUFC and both of em

Those Were The Days - Mary Hopkins had the bigger hit with it late 60s, Oxon resident & Eurovision winner Sandy Shaw had a lesser chart hit with the same song at the same time more or less- Mary Hopkins ' soundfile- with lyrics displayed, below...

Alternatively the other option (for me ) is When Youre Smiling
one of many versions ( Andy Williams) soundfile below

“Those Were The Days” could work nicely

It should be this......

The end. (y)

They used to play that pre-match a few years ago and it never really caught on. Thank god they stopped, it's awful.

The reason why Liverpool and West Ham's songs caught on is because every line was memorable and singable, whereas most of this is indecipherable noise.

They used to play that pre-match a few years ago and it never really caught on. Thank god they stopped, it's awful.

The reason why Liverpool and West Ham's songs caught on is because every line was memorable and singable, whereas most of this is indecipherable noise.

agree 100% @battman .... though, for a few seasons, I thought Perkle's yellow n blue was ok

I quite liked that Yellow Man (?) rap that was released for the 2010 Conference Play-off final (please correct me if I'm wrong). Not the greatest song but quite funny.

There had been a fan's song planned for the final we didn't make. The penalty shoot out failure against Exeter put pay to that. I had been roped in with a few other fans to sing backing vocals which were recorded in a tiny studio in Cave Street, just off St Clements. My impression was that it was pretty crap (apart from the backing vocals!).

Complaining without coming up with a solution is whinging. What are you suggestions, @Ox4Eva?

The Fields of Athenry? Come Out Ye Black and Tans? Men Behind the Wire?
Or perhaps a Gary Glitter choon that used to be played back in the day?

I must admit I like a classic blast from the past,Z cars is great,

Complaining without coming up with a solution is whinging. What are you suggestions, @Ox4Eva?

The Fields of Athenry? Come Out Ye Black and Tans? Men Behind the Wire?
The sash, no 1 platoon, or silence if that is all we have...

Bring back back this I say.....

Was this the first song we ran out to at the new stadium?

Back
Top Bottom