General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is telling tales out of school to say the takeover was discussed at the OxVox AGM.

What seems to be happening is that the EFL ask for bits of documentary proof. This then has to be found and sent. There is then a pause while they review and approve that. Once that's done they will get back to the club and ask for some other documents etc. These then have to be sorted out (and they won't necessarily be in English or easily available to anyone other than those directly involved), potentially translated and sent over. And rinse and repeat. What with everything else that's going on (both for the EFL and those buying the club) this ends up being a protracted affair, with delays on both sides at various stages. I think it was also mentioned that those involved would have to come for a face to face meeting with the EFL before anything was ratified - they are being much more careful about who they let buy a club (not a bad thing IMO). So although this is all taking an unconscionably long time, it's not as straightforward a process as I thought it was.
And that doesn't stop a lot of other things being progressed in the background.

I am still confident the change will go through, Karl's demeanor will tell you!

Heard a rumour today that Tiger is the one holding things up and is tryingto squeeze out every penny he can. If true, there'll surely come a point where Bakrie and Co will run out of patience and will walk away.

Thanks Tiger but come on, sign on the dotted line and we can a move on.

Heard a rumour today that Tiger is the one holding things up and is tryingto squeeze out every penny he can. If true, there'll surely come a point where Bakrie and Co will run out of patience and will walk away.

Thanks Tiger but come on, sign on the dotted line and we can a move on.
Amazing that the rumour you heard has become a fact within the two paragraphs of your post.

I don't believe that about Tiger. For a start we are still waiting for the EFL clearance which has nothing to do with him. As to the ground, I'd always put the blame on the foot-dragging councils.
Tiger's a good guy, give the man his dues ffs.

I don't believe that about Tiger. For a start we are still waiting for the EFL clearance which has nothing to do with him. As to the ground, I'd always put the blame on the foot-dragging councils.
Tiger's a good guy, give the man his dues ffs.
Regardless of anything else, a lot of people have seemingly forgotten that he has the right to do whatever he likes with his shares. Including not selling them unless he’s happy with the terms.

Hopefully it all concludes with a handshake. Would be nice if things can end in a way that means he’s welcomed back warmly in the future.

If the efl still haven't agreed the takeover then surely we have to question the credentials of the people behind erick and bakrie? The same efl let power take over the scum and let the crook buy Bury and bankrupt them.

If the efl still haven't agreed the takeover then surely we have to question the credentials of the people behind erick and bakrie? The same efl let power take over the scum and let the crook buy Bury and bankrupt them.
That was then and this is now.

Perhaps one of the reasons it takes so long is because the EFL are far more thorough following the Bury/Wigan/Swindon etc etc debacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom