General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the takeover is complete/close to complete but they don't want to announce it during a transfer window. You know for a fact once clubs know officially we have been taken over by very wealthy people that transfer/agent fees will go through the roof.

Possibly, although this is the third window since the takeover plans were first leaked.

Found the end of this reply from over a year ago in the thread very Groundhog Day-esque!

9287ed49b2f0dc8348ca90b4f542e9da.jpg

To revise an old favourite topic of discussion ...

I was listening to a recent episode of The Moment of Truth which covers the tail end of last season. KR mentioned that he keeps in regular touch with Tiger which suggests he's still running the show here. There were no mentions of other owners or chairmen. Just Tiger still.

When are Bakrie and co going to become the figureheads for the club? It's been 10 months since his interview with BBC Oxford now.

I was listening to a recent episode of The Moment of Truth which covers the tail end of last season. KR mentioned that he keeps in regular touch with Tiger which suggests he's still running the show here. There were no mentions of other owners or chairmen. Just Tiger still.

When are Bakrie and co going to become the figureheads for the club? It's been 10 months since his interview with BBC Oxford now.

Not until planning permission has been granted on Stratfield brake.

Apparently from the grapevine Bakri and co aren’t officially owners yet.

Apparently from the grapevine Bakri and co aren’t officially owners yet.
They hold the majority shareholdings and thus make the decisions so to all intents and purposes they are the owners. I'm not sure what 'grapevine' thinks otherwise.

They hold the majority shareholdings and thus make the decisions so to all intents and purposes they are the owners. I'm not sure what 'grapevine' thinks otherwise.
Been hearing different have heard they’re waiting on the permission for the ground to be built, and if as you’re saying why haven’t the FA announced they’ve passed the fit and proper test?’
There have been some takeovers recently that were ratified very quickly, is there a reason why they’re not announced.

Personally I hope they take control and make it known quickly so they can sort out the mess we seem to be in ie a DOF a new manager but something to improve what they’re buying into.

Been hearing different have heard they’re waiting on the permission for the ground to be built, and if as you’re saying why haven’t the FA announced they’ve passed the fit and proper test?’
There have been some takeovers recently that were ratified very quickly, is there a reason why they’re not announced.

Personally I hope they take control and make it known quickly so they can sort out the mess we seem to be in ie a DOF a new manager but something to improve what they’re buying into.
The level of shareholding they own and ratification by the EFL are two very different things. As @MarkG has regularly pointed out, the shareholdings have been increasing for Thohir, Bakrie, Winters and Geicke at the expense of Tiger's shareholding. This is all whilst the EFL are carrying out their rather lengthy due diligence. It may be that this was actually finalised a while ago and the new owners have chosen not to announce it yet.

The level of shareholding they own and ratification by the EFL are two very different things. As @MarkG has regularly pointed out, the shareholdings have been increasing for Thohir, Bakrie, Winters and Geicke at the expense of Tiger's shareholding. This is all whilst the EFL are carrying out their rather lengthy due diligence. It may be that this was actually finalised a while ago and the new owners have chosen not to announce it yet.
Why would they delay announcing that they’re recognised owners by the EFL?
What would the point in that.
So as one or two have alluded to they are waiting for the permission for the new stadium to be built what if and it is only an if permission is refused does Tiger get first dibs on a buy back option?
I know it’s only supposition and thoughts and rumours but with all the positivity over the take over and the new stadium why the delay?

They either want to own our club or they don’t.

If they do, I would rather they just came out and confirmed as such. Far too much speculation otherwise.

Or, if the due diligence is taking so long, why is it? What is the problem?, why are their financial affairs not transparent enough?

Isn't it the case that Tiger remains the majority shareholder in OUFC and so is still the owner in the eyes of the EFL, whereas "the owners" are the majority shareholders in the Singapore based company that holds [most of] the remaining shares in OUFC, so until they acquire more shares in the club itself, there isn't a takeover to ratify?

Possibly.....

Isn't it the case that Tiger remains the majority shareholder in OUFC and so is still the owner in the eyes of the EFL, whereas "the owners" are the majority shareholders in the Singapore based company that holds [most of] the remaining shares in OUFC, so until they acquire more shares in the club itself, there isn't a takeover to ratify?

Possibly.....

Then they are not the owners surely.

Why the delay?

Possibly.....
No, you're not correct.

Oxford Investment Holding Pte. Ltd (the Singapore based holding company) own the vast majority of the shares in Oxford United Football Club Limited (something around 90%, but I can't be bothered to look it up). Tiger only has just over 10% of the shares in OIH Pte Ltd, with all bar 7% of the rest owned by Horst, Erick and Anand. Therefore they (Horst, Erick and Anand) own the overwhelming majority of shares in the company that owns the overwhelming majority of shares in OUFC.

Tiger is therefore categorically not the majority shareholder, and hasn't been for well over a year.

No, you're not correct.

Oxford Investment Holding Pte. Ltd (the Singapore based holding company) own the vast majority of the shares in Oxford United Football Club Limited (something around 90%, but I can't be bothered to look it up). Tiger only has just over 10% of the shares in OIH Pte Ltd, with all bar 7% of the rest owned by Horst, Erick and Anand. Therefore they (Horst, Erick and Anand) own the overwhelming majority of shares in the company that owns the overwhelming majority of shares in OUFC.

Tiger is therefore categorically not the majority shareholder, and hasn't been for well over a year.

Makes sense.

So have EFL completed their DD and if so, why no announcement.

If DD not completed and if they were to fail the tests, what happens then?

No, you're not correct.

If I were to take a leap of faith, I would say that, as a shareholder in OIH Pte, Tiger is listed as the majority shareholder of OUFC for the purpose of Companies House only. That being the case then it would be logical to say that no take over had actually been concluded as the "ownership" of OUFC has not materially changed. i.e. ownership is still by OIH Pte Ltd. Tiger is still Chairman but, it is pretty much common knowledge that he does not have financial control.

Someone with a better understanding of the ins and outs of the foreign business world will come along and correct me, or not.

If I were to take a leap of faith, I would say that, as a shareholder in OIH Pte, Tiger is listed as the majority shareholder of OUFC for the purpose of Companies House only. That being the case then it would be logical to say that no take over had actually been concluded as the "ownership" of OUFC has not materially changed. i.e. ownership is still by OIH Pte Ltd. Tiger is still Chairman but, it is pretty much common knowledge that he does not have financial control.

Someone with a better understanding of the ins and outs of the foreign business world will come along and correct me, or not.

The majority shareholder being OIH Pte means the the ultimate owners/controllers of OUFC will be those that control OIH Pte.

Which, based on what was said above is not Tiger, so I doubt he can be listed as majority shareholder/controller of OUFC for the purposes of Companies a house.

As I understand it the shareholder allocation stopped being listed on Companies House in about 2017 (it was while Robinson held a share in Impact Sports Management), as did declaring shareholders who have controlling interests.

The documents are , for OUFC, here. Anybody can see them.

The current directors are:
Tiger,
Bakrie,
Geiske and
Ferguson.

Thohir was removed in 2019 iirc to go and oversee the Indonesian elections and isn't reinstated.

The majority shareholder being OIH Pte means the the ultimate owners/controllers of OUFC will be those that control OIH Pte.

Which, based on what was said above is not Tiger, so I doubt he can be listed as majority shareholder/controller of OUFC for the purposes of Companies a house.
Oxford Investment Holdings Pte - Singapore. Not London.
As I understand it the shareholder allocation stopped being listed on Companies House in about 2017 (it was while Robinson held a share in Impact Sports Management), as did declaring shareholders who have controlling interests.

The documents are , for OUFC, here. Anybody can see them.

The current directors are:
Tiger,
Bakrie,
Geiske and
Ferguson.

Thohir was removed in 2019 iirc to go and oversee the Indonesian elections and isn't reinstated.
It is still possible to see "persons with significant control"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom