Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

This has been really good, hard-fought cricket from 2 evenly matched sides all the way through. A shame we never have 5 tests against NZ, because they always seem to be decent series. Trent Boult, what a bowler he is.

No chance these performances and comebacks would have happened under Root and Silverwood. You could see the energy and intent that McCullum and Stokes have instilled in the side right away. Have to admit I was mightily wrong about Bairstow! I wanted him dropped, but he's been sensational. Even going back to the tours of Aus and WI earlier this year, he's made 4 centuries in 7 tests in 2022, after making just 6 in 79 tests beforehand. Still feels unfortunate for Brook given the amount of runs he's churned out for Yorkshire, but I'm sure he'll get an opportunity at some stage due to injury etc.

However, I don't feel we can continue with Crawley any longer though? As an opening batsman he just looks all over the place, you could drive a bus in the gap he leaves between his bat and pad. Jamie Overton has had one test innings, coming in at number 8 with the team in all sorts of bother at 55-6, and he's outscored Crawley's entire contribution for the series.

This has been really good, hard-fought cricket from 2 evenly matched sides all the way through. A shame we never have 5 tests against NZ, because they always seem to be decent series. Trent Boult, what a bowler he is.

No chance these performances and comebacks would have happened under Root and Silverwood. You could see the energy and intent that McCullum and Stokes have instilled in the side right away. Have to admit I was mightily wrong about Bairstow! I wanted him dropped, but he's been sensational. Even going back to the tours of Aus and WI earlier this year, he's made 4 centuries in 7 tests in 2022, after making just 6 in 79 tests beforehand. Still feels unfortunate for Brook given the amount of runs he's churned out for Yorkshire, but I'm sure he'll get an opportunity at some stage due to injury etc.

However, I don't feel we can continue with Crawley any longer though? As an opening batsman he just looks all over the place, you could drive a bus in the gap he leaves between his bat and pad. Jamie Overton has had one test innings, coming in at number 8 with the team in all sorts of bother at 55-6, and he's outscored Crawley's entire contribution for the series.

Depending on whether Foakes recovers from his back problem, Bairstow could take the gloves (but stay at 5) and Brooks can come in at 6/7.

It will be very interesting to see how he bowls abroad, but Potts seems to be a bit of a find.
Of course Stokes knows a lot about him , and in this Test he has been excellent

Depending on whether Foakes recovers from his back problem, Bairstow could take the gloves (but stay at 5) and Brooks can come in at 6/7.
It’s amazing how the ECB seemingly don’t like Yorkshire and many decisions down the years point to this but they sure do like their players. Who is Brooks do you mean Brook. At the moment he is on fire with the bat. It’s amazing how Yorkshire are even in contention for winning the T20 northern group as they have had at least three last week five international players unavailable due to England plus three others injured plus an underperforming overseas player.The youngsters are doing good things.
Anyway on to the test Headingley is once again producing a great test match wicket and what a shame Overton was out as he deserved a hundred. Going to be a good finish I think.

It will be very interesting to see how he bowls abroad, but Potts seems to be a bit of a find.
Of course Stokes knows a lot about him , and in this Test he has been excellent
We’ve got so many good bowlers - who would you pick if everyone was fit?!

Anderson, Broad, Archer, Wood, Woakes, Robinson, Potts, Mahmood, J Overton, Stone, C Overton!

Shame we don’t have anywhere near that kind of depth and quality in the batting…

We’ve got so many good bowlers - who would you pick if everyone was fit?!

Anderson, Broad, Archer, Wood, Woakes, Robinson, Potts, Mahmood, J Overton, Stone, C Overton!

Shame we don’t have anywhere near that kind of depth and quality in the batting…
I guess the question is, how will the above bowl in India, Sri Lanka, Shariah?
Archer seems to have real star quality but I wonder if he will ever play another Test match.

NZ solicitor firm Blundell & Mitchell frustrating us yet again. Mitchell the first ever touring batsman to score 500+ runs in a series of 3 matches or fewer in England.

England 296 to win then. Another exciting run chase awaits! Thought Leach and Potts both bowled superbly.

Back
Top Bottom