CWC 19 Bangladesh V Afghanistan

looks all but over .....191-8 ...5 overs left, if it lasts that long?

Lower order Afghanistan batsmen aren't going to make 13 or more an over for five overs.

In 2 CWC time, I predict Afghanistan will be a nuisance to play against if their game doesn't implode for other reasons. They look naive at times, but there is some real talent there.

In 2 CWC time, I predict Afghanistan will be a nuisance to play against if their game doesn't implode for other reasons. They look naive at times, but there is some real talent there.

The main issue I can see with Afghanistan is continuity and is there a next generation ready to push through. I don't know what their domestic cricket/development is like but I hope they do have that development happening behind the scenes as agreed they have some really talented cricketers.

They are apparently looking for immigrants in the UK and other countries to see if any talent is being missed that isn't local. The fact the Taliban don't disapprove of the sport says a lot

What do you mean?
The Taliban have a rather dim view of sport (as they do on most things), so in areas where they control daily life, their methods against fun can be, well, brutal. So the fact they don't disapprove means it's easier for young players to play the game, thus helping the game over their improve.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom