CWC 19 : Sri Lanka V South Africa

3 needed from 13 overs... neither du Plessis or Amla will manage to quite get an individual 100

All over ... SA did England a huge favour

Honestly, I'm not sure that Sri Lanka were ever really the threat. It's Pakistan we should be worried about (or Bangladesh, in the unlikely event that they beat India).

Honestly, I'm not sure that Sri Lanka were ever really the threat. It's Pakistan we should be worried about (or Bangladesh, in the unlikely event that they beat India).
SL wouldve gone level on points, with the same number of games played as England if theyd won today ... that said, Englands run rate ( or the CWC equivilant of goal difference in football) is better than SL (currently) , SL a minor threat to England... biggest threat to England is, IMO, the England WC squad themselves .... beat India and/ or beat NZ and England should make the semi finals

Speaking of India, I did wonder if they would not put 100% effort in against England to spite PAK and lose.

Speaking of India, I did wonder if they would not put 100% effort in against England to spite PAK and lose.
Let's hope so!!
Cant see it though. Indua look a terrific side with all bases covered.

Let's hope so!!
Cant see it though. Indua look a terrific side with all bases covered.
Absolutely, but with all of the ? flying between both countries in recent months, I wouldn't be that surprised.

Nah - we can't think that way. The England cricket team have got themselves in this mess and now they have to get themselves out of it. Besides, I get the feeling that India wouldn't mind Pakistan being in the semi's - it would just be another chance to beat them!

Plus, I would've thought India would be more likely to mail it in against Bangladesh.

Get rid of England and Pakistan and have their friendly neighbors in the semis!

Back
Top Bottom