CWC 19 : West Indies V India

Goodness 6 overs and WI are 12 for 1.
The Indian opening bowlers are a handful.
Then their pretty good spinners.
England will have to be very very good Sunday to have a chance. I'm not sure that the weather is going to help (hot for the next few days)

10 overs in ... 29-2

240 needed ... off 240 balls

this really is sloooooow going

50-2 after 15 overs

thought Ambris lbw was possibly a bit high? ... no review , he just went

80-3 after 20 overs

Pooran gone for 28 , attempted a 6, sliced it, caught .... 21 overs Windies 84-4

Holder had a cameo at the crease, gone for 6 ...India's spin bowling is immense !

Braithwaite in now

Windies reach 100 in the 26th over ... losing 5 wickets in the process

no big hitting total from Braithwaite today then ...gone for 1

107-6 .... shouldnt take India too long to mop up the Windies tail end batsmen

Allen for a duck lbw

Bumrah on a hat trick

Roach will face the hat trick ball .... blimey! that yorker was close ! ... Roach survives (for now) Windies 107-7.... India have 23 overs to get the last 3 batsmen out !

A bit of a hammering.
India are looking a formidable side.
And in all of the games it appears to be like being in India. I hope that some Engkand supporters are at Edgbaston on Sunday.
It is interesting to see the 'par scores' seeming to come down as the tournament goes on.

another wicket gone , Hetmyar for 18 ... 112-8 with 21.3 overs left

England need to be on top, top, top form on Sunday to have even a glimmer of hope

will Bayliss put Vince in to open again?

Cotterell's brief time batting has been n gone ... he got ten runs , including a booming six before getting out lbw ... 124-9 ... 20 overs remain ... I'll be surprised if Windies last more than 2 more overs

Thomas survives a review ... it wont be long now though

The way Kuldeep & Chahal turn the ball - and the way the Edgbaston pitch has been playing - I'm not sure there's any score I'd be comfortable England chasing on Sunday.

We need to bat first, and we need to be patient.....it likely won't need 300+.

And please no Vince. I literally would be more confident with Woakes or Plunkett opening the batting than him.

Dropped on 4 o_O

and now Windies last wicket pair actually putting a few runs on

all over India win by 125

despite thrashing the Windies emphatically, if England turn up, both batting and bowling and keep it tight in the field , I reckon England will win on Sunday against India

all over India win by 125

despite thrashing the Windies emphatically, if England turn up, both batting and bowling and keep it tight in the field , I reckon England will win on Sunday against India
Very optimistic Sarge. Really hope you are right.

Back
Top Bottom