Manager/Coach Darren Purse

There was some sort of event on at a car dealership near Rose Hill around 97/98, where a load of players made an appearance on a Sunday lunchtime. Presumably said dealer gave somebody very prominent at the club a cracking deal on a motor, and the players showing up for a couple of hours to bring potential punters in was part of it. Purse was one of them and spent most of the time trying to avoid everybody while looking at cars outside with his girlfriend. Think he was only there for about half an hour and then sloped off early. Bit of a Billy Big Balls.

What I remember vividly was the dealership manager saying that if anybody could correctly guess how many people could fit in one of the cars in the showroom, they would get entered into a raffle to win it. Cue players and onlookers alike packing themselves into the back of some hatchback. Seats down, boot open, limbs everywhere. Brian Wilsterman was standing around looking very confused, not really knowing what was going on. Somebody tried to get him involved and I remember several players who were already squashed in screaming in horror at the thought of him piling in for good measure.

At least I think it was a car dealership. I might have stumbled into an orgy.

Really need to know what type of car? That has been a Peugeot showroom for a long time but when I phoned them just now to ask if a confused Dutch centre half had unwittingly had nearly an orgy in a 206 back in the late nineties they hung up.

Really need to know what type of car? That has been a Peugeot showroom for a long time but when I phoned them just now to ask if a confused Dutch centre half had unwittingly had nearly an orgy in a 206 back in the late nineties they hung up.
That’s really strange. You’re probably right though, it must be the lack of a specific model that is throwing them off.

I’ll ask my mum - she was there.

Have you been ill recently or are you on a health kick?

This is a thread about a youth team coach, which has quietly descended into yet another s**t show about cars. How dare you derail this conversation in such an insolent manner, and ask such personal questions of me?

You will be lucky if you survive the night.

• React
Reactions: MJB

He's off to Cardiff

He's off to Cardiff

Good luck to him. Shows our Academy is a positive light for staff development as well as player.

Back
Top Bottom