Championship Derby in trouble

It much reminds me of Messi
Tears when he’s leaving. He could’ve stayed on and played for nothing given the debts Barcelona have built up
As if he needs the money

Mike Ashley is supposed to be interested in buying Derby.
That will cheer their fans up.

MA would probably do a good job at derby to be fair there not a big club like Newcastle and you probably don’t need to spend as much to just be in the championship as you do to stay in the premier league I dunno whether he’s like it being called Wayne Rooney derby tho

Mike Ashley is supposed to be interested in buying Derby.
That will cheer their fans up.
Most clubs’ fans would bite the hand off an owner like Ashley taking over and providing a stable business model in the Championship.
I never really understood the problem Newcastle fans had with him? It’s not like they were ever used to winning things before his tenure.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the owners of Man City, Chelsea and now Newcastle are no longer in the picture. There won’t be enough Mike Ashley’s to go round!

Most clubs’ fans would bite the hand off an owner like Ashley taking over and providing a stable business model in the Championship.
I never really understood the problem Newcastle fans had with him? It’s not like they were ever used to winning things before his tenure.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the owners of Man City, Chelsea and now Newcastle are no longer in the picture. There won’t be enough Mike Ashley’s to go round!
I am not sure whether you have spoken to any Newcastle supporters?
They virtually unanimously can't stand him.
For a big club like Newcastle, with 50k crowds each week , being relegated and struggling to stay up year after year doesn't seem to me to be to be getting the most out of the club (especially when he seems to have run down the facilities/ academy).
He sounds a bit like Kassam in some ways.

Newcastle are not really a big club though are they? The last time they won a trophy was 31 years before we won the Milk cup, haven’t won the league in nearly a century.

Apparently Ashley didn’t want to splash the cash

Big club, but not a successful one. It is possible to be the first without being the second.

Depends how you classify big I suppose, if it’s just on attendances then they are getting up there I suppose but not on success, worldwide fanbase and recognition etc.

I think you probably have to win a trophy in colour to have a shout at being big club myself, not sure you can separate size and success to that degree.

Won’t matter now as they will buy or murder there way to at least a league cup or two and have a stronger claim, might even get themselves a Netflix documentary.

I am not sure whether you have spoken to any Newcastle supporters?
They virtually unanimously can't stand him.
For a big club like Newcastle, with 50k crowds each week , being relegated and struggling to stay up year after year doesn't seem to me to be to be getting the most out of the club (especially when he seems to have run down the facilities/ academy).
He sounds a bit like Kassam in some ways.
If he was taking a large slice of the profits, gate receipts, player sales for himself then fair enough.
I don’t know what sort of budget you’d need to finish in the top half of the Premium League these days? Could it be done with 50k crowds, sponsorship, player sales, prize money and merchandise? Basically without a sugar daddy? I think Man United and Liverpool probably could, but they are big global brands who’s names alone would generate millions of pounds.

If he was taking a large slice of the profits, gate receipts, player sales for himself then fair enough.
I don’t know what sort of budget you’d need to finish in the top half of the Premium League these days? Could it be done with 50k crowds, sponsorship, player sales, prize money and merchandise? Basically without a sugar daddy? I think Man United and Liverpool probably could, but they are big global brands who’s names alone would generate millions of pounds.
A well run club with 50k crowds really should be in the top half of the PL
Sure the Top 6 are in a different league financially but other than those? West Ham, Everton, don't have huge wealth and look at how well Brightom are doing this season.
Newcastle have underachieved (nor as much as our other friends in the North East)

Back
Top Bottom