Championship Derby in trouble

Nice ground though, and I`m not sure many/any will have been, can we just stay in Div 3 as it gets "bigger" ? :ROFLMAO:

If Peterborough lose 6 and derby win 6 then derby will be on the same points so not down just yet miracles do happen lol 😂 ask Wycombe fans

Been there a few times now and i agree its a really nice ground. Spend quite a lot of time in Derby as my eldest son lives there after spending 4 years at the uni.

Certainly is, could build similar within the Kassam footprint.................... :ROFLMAO:

20 minutes or so on the train - I hope we don`t go up. :)

Certainly is, could build similar within the Kassam footprint.................... :ROFLMAO:

20 minutes or so on the train - I hope we don`t go up. :)

I hope we do go up, but it would soften the blow if we didn't make it. I'm even on there data base for tickets and have been for a few years. lol

I know it is a negotiating tactic but the prospective owner can do one on this. I hope HMRC stand firm and demand the full £30m. Pay up Kirchner or the club can start again as an 'AFC' just like lower league and non-league clubs have had to before them.

I know it is a negotiating tactic but the prospective owner can do one on this. I hope HMRC stand firm and demand the full £30m. Pay up Kirchner or the club can start again as an 'AFC' just like lower league and non-league clubs have had to before them.
Wonder if the FA might try and hint to HMRC that we don’t want to lose another club. If so I hope they get a further 30 points deduction and maybe another 20 next season when they’re in L1.

Wonder if the FA might try and hint to HMRC that we don’t want to lose another club. If so I hope they get a further 30 points deduction and maybe another 20 next season when they’re in L1.

The only answer if it happened would be a 50 point penalty each season for the next 5 seasons and a strict budget. I have no problem if Derby were to pay it back over 10 years, with interest charged though, but they pay it back and in real terms it is worth the same equivalent as now.

I am not sure whether HMRC have the authority to give a big reduction (it sets a horrendous precedent)

I am not sure whether HMRC have the authority to give a big reduction (it sets a horrendous precedent)

They do negotiate but I don't know if it is for payment arrangements over a specified period or if they can reduce the amount. Although I have a vague memory (but could be in my head only) of them controversially cutting a tax bill for a company owned by somebody like Philip Green or a multinational.

Not true they have done it before in a number of different situations. Legal precedence issues and political pressure are the usual catalysts.

Not true they have done it before in a number of different situations. Legal precedence issues and political pressure are the usual catalysts.
Fair enough, but if they give Derby a big reduction, any football club in big trouble will , quite reasonably expect similar treatment

Back
Top Bottom