General Derby takeover

"Erik Alonso is just 29 years old, claims to be a world champion boxer and gets his cash for the takeover from backers in Indonesia"

I'd have thought Pride Park was already pretty much developed so is there a easy way to make money out of it?
Though the land-grabs at Reading and our potential stadium move suggest there could always be a way.
Commercial opportunities and them being contenders for the prem are what make it an attractive proposition.

Until we get flesh on the bones of what's going on at OUFC from an official source, were just going to have to go with the flow, including if Indonesian investors are rumoured at Derby or any other club in the world.

Relax, have a cup of tea and let's see what happens.

Commercial opportunities and them being contenders for the prem are what make it an attractive proposition.
It is incredibly difficult and expensive trying to get into the PL.
There are a dozen big clubs trying (plus the Huddersfield/ Brentford of this world)

Co Director is a guy called Tajinderpal Sumal - he is British but has Indonesian contacts -apparently. Rooney, being a good boxer when he was younger, should be able to have a few rounds with the Chairman each week!!

I'd have thought Pride Park was already pretty much developed so is there a easy way to make money out of it?
Though the land-grabs at Reading and our potential stadium move suggest there could always be a way.
Not only is Pride Park fully developed but the ground is now owned by Mel Morris, the Chairman. He "paid" £60M ish for it, well set it off his ever increasing loan account.

Can't find any articles naming Thohir as being involved with the Derby acquisition. There's more than one wealthy Indonesian surely?!

Search 'Erick Thohir Oxford' on twitter and many articles regarding our takeover are easily found. Search 'Erick Thohir Derby County' and there's nothing.

Search 'Erick Thohir Oxford' on twitter and many articles regarding our takeover are easily found. Search 'Erick Thohir Derby County' and there's nothing.
Yeah I don't know where the Thohir links to derby have come from tbh?

To clarify, as I've put throughout the thread.

Erik Alosno was an advisor at Sheffield Wednesday...'advisor' being a loose term as there have been many 'advisors' to Chansiri over the years including Piempongsant.

Alonso reportedly attempted to offer the managers job to Paul Cook (above his job spec) and fell out with Chansiri. Alonso went on to make a ~30mill bid for Sheffield Wednesday before it being rejected and falling through. Whilst it wasn't believed Alonso had the funds himself, it was understood he was a front man for an Indonesian consortium.

Alonso has now gone on to bid for Derby. Matt Southall has acted as the broker in the deal (from Charlton fame). The assumption is Alonso is still backed by the Indonesian consortium - the details of who are unknown.

However, looking into Alonso he reportedly owns Bali United (although it's not mentioned on the club website), and was involved at DC United (https://theathletic.com/2463267/202...d-new-owner-and-what-it-means-for-mel-morris/). Yesterday I was told one of those in the consortium was Thohir...this could be correct or not. I have no reason to distrust those that said however since, Kieron Maguire has suggested Raja Sapta Oktohari is the investor ( ) who is involved with the Olympic Committee which I assume he has taken over from Thohir (?).

Looking at the above I can understand why I was told Thohir...it could be correct, it might be wrong. My suggestion in the OP was thats its one to keep an eye on if those behind the Derby take over become known, and if that impacts Oxford.

EDIT: there is an obvious contradiction here with the coordinated press release 3 weeks ago outlining Thohir and Bakrie to take on 51%...why this would be released if involved in other bids is clearly at odds with one another.

Last edited:

Erik Alosno was an advisor at Sheffield Wednesday...'advisor' being a loose term as there have been many 'advisors' to Chansiri over the years including Piempongsant.

Alonso reportedly attempted to offer the managers job to Paul Cook (above his job spec) and fell out with Chansiri. Alonso went on to make a ~30mill bid for Sheffield Wednesday before it being rejected and falling through. Whilst it wasn't believed Alonso had the funds himself, it was understood he was a front man for an Indonesian consortium.

Alonso has now gone on to bid for Derby. Matt Southall has acted as the broker in the deal (from Charlton fame). The assumption is Alonso is still backed by the Indonesian consortium - the details of who are unknown.

However, looking into Alonso he reportedly owns Bali United (although it's not mentioned on the club website), and was involved at DC United (https://theathletic.com/2463267/202...d-new-owner-and-what-it-means-for-mel-morris/). Yesterday I was told one of those in the consortium was Thohir...this could be correct or not. I have no reason to distrust those that said however since, Kieron Maguire has suggested Raja Sapta Oktohari is the investor ( ) who is involved with the Olympic Committee which I assume he has taken over from Thohir (?).

Looking at the above I can understand why I was told Thohir...it could be correct, it might be wrong. My suggestion in the OP was thats its one to keep an eye on if those behind the Derby take over become known, and if that impacts Oxford
Yes, Oktohar took over the Indonesian Olympic job from Erick Thohir.

Looking at the above I can understand why I was told Thohir...it could be correct, it might be wrong. My suggestion in the OP was thats its one to keep an eye on if those behind the Derby take over become known, and if that impacts Oxford.

EDIT: there is an obvious contradiction here with the coordinated press release 3 weeks ago outlining Thohir and Bakrie to take on 51%...why this would be released if involved in other bids is clearly at odds with one another.
Great research

Back
Top Bottom