Ex Player Dickie

No idea why really but I would love it if Everton went down.

Everton are currently #2 on the 'Most consecutive seasons in the top flight' list. They last got promoted to the top tier in 1954 and have been there ever since.

So there's 70 year old Everton fans who won't be able to remember the last time their club played outside of the top division.

I've nothing against the club at all......but every fan should have to experience relegation once in a while. It's part of the football experience!

Out of interest, who are the other 4?

I'm guessing Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and .... Leeds? Spurs? Villa?
Man. Utd.
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Maxwell had a significant hand in the challenge made to the BBC and ITV over the sums they paid for the rights. It’s the reason OUFC’s time in the top flight wasn’t covered by MotD or The Big Match.

Ultimately, it was that challenge to the status quo that allowed new players (Sky) to enter the market. The rest is history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. Utd.
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Maxwell had a significant hand in the challenge made to the BBC and ITV over the sums they paid for the rights. It’s the reason OUFC’s time in the top flight wasn’t covered by MotD or The Big Match.

Ultimately, it was that challenge to the status quo that allowed new players (Sky) to enter the market. The rest is history.
Oh right, that's interesting I didn't know that. Cheers!

Man. Utd.
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

OUFC’s time in the top flight wasn’t covered by MotD or The Big Match? I didn't know that - I didn't have a TV at the time. Or do you mean there was no football highlights at that time?

OUFC’s time in the top flight wasn’t covered by MotD or The Big Match? I didn't know that - I didn't have a TV at the time. Or do you mean there was no football highlights at that time?
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

There were no highlights broadcast at all in the UK. What does exist was broadcast abroad. The club did sell VHS recordings of some matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

There were no highlights at all. What does exist was broadcast abroad. The club did sell VHS recordings of some matches.
Funny to think that in my youth - no money, moving a lot between shared houses - it was quite normal not to have a TV. Only three channels and not much exciting on them.

Same, part of the original 'Big 5', who created the Premier League, reason enough for me.
Premier League and Sky are the worst thing to happen to the beautiful game. The Super League will happen it’s just a question of when. It was always going to be the case.
But back to Rob Dickie, if he goes for 10 million anybody know what we ( and Eastleigh presumably)get out of that?

Not sure why Eastleigh should get anything?
All of the sell on money would go to oufc.
Yeah exactly, any sell on clause they included when they sold to us they would've already received when we sold to QPR surely.

I'd like to think we would get at least 10% when QPR sell him...

Premier League and Sky are the worst thing to happen to the beautiful game. The Super League will happen it’s just a question of when. It was always going to be the case.
But back to Rob Dickie, if he goes for 10 million anybody know what we ( and Eastleigh presumably)get out of that?
Your thinking of the wrong Rob. Dickie never played for Eastleigh it was Atkinson.

Good news
By the way after seeing the news about 5 clubs after Cam Branagan are we still on for that £10 bet?
One I wouldn’t mind losing by the way 😀
I'll stick with the bet! I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Cam sign a contract extension and maybe made club captain.

Back
Top Bottom