Tickets Doncaster Rovers- attendance

Pretty close Curragh.
A very good crowd in the circumstances
There were 60 less from Donny than in that total forecast number (440 vs 500) and the rest of the shortfall (gap of 78 in home prediction) was presumably down to the executive boxes not all being used (had optimistically estimated full capacity of 290) due to the early start and 'dead rubber' nature of the match.

Reckon our overall season average was approximately 8,462 which shows the progress made in terms of generating additional home support this season.

Thanks to you Foley and others for your kind words although I am very much the assistant to the King of the Dots Colin - a top man on and off the abacus!

Finally a special shout out to Essexyellows for some classic one-liners that have made me laugh loud and long on many occasions even if the humour was occasionally lost on some - particularly enjoyed being called out (with justification) as a big game charlie, fair weather dot-counter after a less than committed midweek performance!

Here's hoping for further growth in sales and therefore less dots to count next season!

There were 60 less from Donny than in that total forecast number (440 vs 500) and the rest of the shortfall (gap of 78 in home prediction) was presumably down to the executive boxes not all being used (had optimistically estimated full capacity of 290) due to the early start and 'dead rubber' nature of the match.

Reckon our overall season average was approximately 8,462 which shows the progress made in terms of generating additional home support this season.

Thanks to you Foley and others for your kind words although I am very much the assistant to the King of the Dots Colin - a top man on and off the abacus!

Finally a special shout out to Essexyellows for some classic one-liners that have made me laugh loud and long on many occasions even if the humour was occasionally lost on some - particularly enjoyed being called out (with justification) as a big game charlie, fair weather dot-counter after a less than committed midweek performance!

Here's hoping for further growth in sales and therefore less dots to count next season!

I am humbled and honoured sir, thank you. (y)

Got back to Kent a couple of hours ago, and just catching up with things.

Thanks for the kind words @Thecurraghofkildare but don't sell yourself short my friend, this dot counting is a team game, and next season we go again. It would be nice to be able to bring somebody through from the dot counting academy, give them a few minutes here and there, and end next season a stronger squad of dot counters.

Onto the numbers and final analysis. Can confirm all boxes were full yesterday, and I have the same 78 discrepancy as @Thecurraghofkildare so it's not the boxes that were the difference. I can only imagine that some of the club allocated seats ended up not being used, nor actually allocated, so that's where the discrepancy is. I'll check with the club though, and see.

It was good to see that for a dead rubber we had 8,699 home fans in attendance, an increase of over 1,600 on the opening day of the season against Charlton, and over 2,200 more than the next Saturday home game against Lincoln. It was our fourth highest attendance of home fans this season, bettered only by the games against Cambridge, Ipswich and Sunderland. The number of home fans attending has certainly increased through the season and I see no reason for that trend not to continue next season, particularly with some of the news we should soon be hearing.

On a separate note, I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow, on a different, but important, subject, so please keep an eye out for it.

particularly with some of the news we should soon be hearing.

On a separate note, I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow, on a different, but important, subject, so please keep an eye out for it.
Oh come on Colin.
2 teasers there.

You could at least throw in an out of focus picture from the training ground of a random tattoo, or a tweet about socks to keep us guessing!!

Back
Top Bottom