Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

Moore is no where near to being good enough to play in the Championship.
Have you not seen him against the better strikers in league 1, particularly the more physical one's.
He lacks pace, his positioning isn't great.
He's doing ok for us this season but definitely not Championship standard.
Thought three of his best performances this season were at Derby, Barnsley and Stevenage. Nine points in those games, not a chance we'd have got those had Thorniley been playing instead of him. There are lots of defenders who lack pace in the Championship, Rob Dickie has been slow all his career and he nearly got a PL move not long ago. Moore isn't as good as Dickie, but he'd be fine in the Championship for the right team.

He's a "brick s**t house" as Bolton fans say - not the quickest but he's a stopper and doesn't lose many headers. Think he would be fine in Championship and one of our better players

He lacks pace, his positioning isn't great.
He's doing ok for us this season but definitely not Championship standard.
He has been excellent for us this season not "OK'.
Challenging for player of the season so far in my view ( and as they said on the Dub, you can see how goid and important he is, when he comes back into the side on Saturday)
Both Manning and Des seem to rate him highly

Moore has been out best centre back by a distance this season. I don't know how high he could play because of his lack of pace but in the right system he'd be fine. Dominant in the air and his positioning is excellent, his clearances usually do the job as well which sounds simple but plenty of defenders at this level make contact but don't really get their team out of trouble.

He's also a hell of a lot better on the ball than he's given credit for, he won't go on firsts like Dickie and McNally but he's a good passer who often plays it forwards between defenders. I think @Osei Yaw put some examples on from an earlier game but more recently he had the assist at the weekend, even the ball for Rodrigues for our first against Charlton I'm not sure any of our other defenders would have tried.

Challenging for player of the season so far in my view ( and as they said on the Dub, you can see how goid and important he is, when he comes back into the side on Saturday)
His passing has got a lot better this season, he can look magisterial starting off attacks from the heart of defence. If he was any better he wouldn't be with us!

He has had a few poor performances particularly early season.
Has certainly improved as the season has progressed.
I agree he has been missed when not available.
Still don't think he is Championship standard.
I guess we will find out next season.

We really missed Moore again today. The defence was a bit of a shambles with plenty of hesitancy and a lack of organisation. We've now conceded 6 goals at home in 10 or so days.

The whole team is a shamble’s defensively, the centre midfield just gets walked through, you know that goals will come from our right hand side, you can see them coming before they happen but they still do.

We are a mess, I know we drew with Pompey at home but you feel a hammering is coming, if it’s not away next Saturday then it will be a week or so later at Bolton.

Missing Moore terribly but we are Rubbish ,Just seen Des interview he knows he's doing a rubbish job , I would be so angry after that performance.

Back
Top Bottom