General Emergency Goalkeeper

I still think it’s madness playing this game.

As someone pointed out Harrogate postponed 3 games earlier in the season. I don’t see why we couldn’t do the same.

Lose a game tonight could be the difference for top two, or top six!
Apart from one defender, and another playing out of position, the outfield line up looks decent.

If we had had cover for defenders since the start of the season, as every man (bar one) and his dog knew we should have got in, then even the defence could have been okay.

Unless something untoward happens, that was Connal Trueman's last match for us and he did a fine job in challenging circumstances.

Yep. I still think that he'll want the Fleetwood goal back - but other than that, he was excellent.

Someone in the lower leagues will surely be looking at him in January - he looked good enough to be a League One keeper to me; better than some of the numpties we've played against!

Yep. I still think that he'll want the Fleetwood goal back - but other than that, he was excellent.

Someone in the lower leagues will surely be looking at him in January - he looked good enough to be a League One keeper to me; better than some of the numpties we've played against!
Must have been quite an experience for him - and good in terms of exposure and contacts no doubt.

Reading Eastwood’s comments on Plumley signing a pro contract this morning, I was a bit confused by this quote:

“I can see him coming on loads – if we can get a full-time keeper coach alongside someone like Browny [Wayne Brown], that will definitely help his development.”

Does this suggest Wayne Brown isn’t full-time, or is Eastwood suggesting that we need a second full-time goalkeeper coach?

I was surprised if it were the former, but the latter also seems excessive.

Reading Eastwood’s comments on Plumley signing a pro contract this morning, I was a bit confused by this quote:

“I can see him coming on loads – if we can get a full-time keeper coach alongside someone like Browny [Wayne Brown], that will definitely help his development.”

Does this suggest Wayne Brown isn’t full-time, or is Eastwood suggesting that we need a second full-time goalkeeper coach?

I was surprised if it were the former, but the latter also seems excessive.
I would guess that Browny works mainly with Easty and Jack, with youth goalkeepers getting more generic coaching within their age groups. Maybe a second coach would do additional work with the "development squad" of goalkeepers. Or maybe Easty is looking for his next job!

I would guess that Browny works mainly with Easty and Jack, with youth goalkeepers getting more generic coaching within their age groups. Maybe a second coach would do additional work with the "development squad" of goalkeepers. Or maybe Easty is looking for his next job!

Yes I did think the same on that last point!

Fair play to him putting it out there.
Twainie must be picking his pension up by now, so could help out.

Back
Top Bottom