General Emergency Goalkeeper

Would you be really surprised if Jack Stevens got drafted in? Stranger things have happened…

There goes the 3 hour before kickoff deadline so looks like it's Chapman
That's the deadline to register the player, not have a picture of him on the website holding a shirt next to the fence!

Various reports that trueman has joined on loan

If we don't get one in its probably because clubs and the keepers themselves don't want to walk into a potential Covid situation which is understandable. 'Normal' times wouldn't be a problem!!

If we don't get one in its probably because clubs and the keepers themselves don't want to walk into a potential Covid situation which is understandable. 'Normal' times wouldn't be a problem!!
normal times an emergency loan keeper would probably not be needed

I mean I would assume the keeper has already signed...when they sign and when they are announced are different things...

I said to my mate earlier that I wouldn't be surprised if the first we hear of him is 6:45 when the teams announced :D

4 days to find a keeper in the whole football league. Staggering.

I'd ague that it isn't that staggering at all, if we do not manage to bring a keeper in.

What club, in their right mind would willingly serve up a GK to help us out on a 7 day loan when it has been widely documented that we have a large number of first team players who have Covid-19? Why would a club risk their own player contracting Covid just to help us out?

I would, if I was any other club be making sure the deal is financially beneficial to my club before offering up a player to help us - especially with OUFC in the current Covid state it is. It may be that the financial outlay is not proportionate for the sake of 7 days.

Just a thought.

Could be one of thisecokd school occasions when you find out we've signed someone when you get to the ground
Can a remember a couple of these since I've been watching

Daniel Boateng on arrival at Leeds
Gavin Gordon on arrival at York - he then scored too!

That's just a rehash of the original journo's tweet which was discussed earlier.

Still waiting for any Oxford media or the club to say anything official.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom