Engerland v The Sweaties

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
No but you seem to be saying he's doing an OK job when compared to previous unsuccessful England managers.
He is doing an OK job. England have lost 2 in the last 15 (v Denmark and Belgium), I can't be arsed to go back further than then. Is OK good enough though? That's what you should be asking, although probably not in the middle of a tournament where we are yet to concede a goal.

He is doing an OK job. England have lost 2 in the last 15 (v Denmark and Belgium), I can't be arsed to go back further than then. Is OK good enough though? That's what you should be asking, although probably not in the middle of a tournament where we are yet to concede a goal.

Clearly the French manager should be sacked as they failed to beat Hungary and conceded a goal.....

The thing is, those managers that you mention have actually achieved something as a manager. My point is, Gareth Southgate was an average player and is now a below average manager. I wouldn’t want him managing Oxford, let alone England.
Everything is relative surely. Southgate played in the top flight and was capped for his country including playing in a team that got to the semi finals of a major championship. Surely that is above the average player?

Everything is relative surely. Southgate played in the top flight and was capped for his country including playing in a team that go to the semi finals of a major championship. Surely that is above the average player?

But but but EdDiE hOWe!!!! He would win us the World Cup surely?!

If you play ultra-conservative football - and I don't think anyone could deny that's what Southgate is doing - then you don't give yourself much leeway.

Win that way, and you're OK. But bore people to tears with your football, and don't reach at least the semis, and you're going to get crucified.......

We shall see.

The hysterics don’t like him any more, he got Bournemouth relegated you know. Not good enough.
He only succeeded in getting them to the premiership and keeping them there for a few seasons is because of the millions Max Denim through at the club.

For all the hysteria on here after the Scotland game, England’s path into the last 16 now looks even easier. Ukraine finish on three points so England can probably afford a f**k up against the Czechs.

For all the hysteria on here after the Scotland game, England’s path into the last 16 now looks even easier. Ukraine finish on three points so England can probably afford a f**k up against the Czechs.

And doubtless they won`t let anyone down............

It is a pandemic and the stupid players decide to hug and cuddle the frigging opposition those two should be sent home for stupidity.

England officially through along with the Czechs. The game has some meaning to determine the pathway they’ll end up playing for the last 16.

The 24 team format really is a bit of a sham. No brinkmanship going into the final game for England.

Back
Top Bottom