England charged by Uefa over laser pointer ....

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
It is unfortunately an attitude (not just among football fans) that in order to be 'for' England or GB, you have to show yourself to be 'against' other countries.

Seemingly there is an issue with some England fans who use the veneer of football and often travelling abroad to believe that they can be as obnoxious as they like. It’s not all of course but headlines like this from 2018 suggests an anti-social, yobbish attitude will follow them around.

It’s nothing to be proud of. If acting like an a**e when a guest in someone else’s country is your thing, I’d rather you didn’t attach to the England team. Sing up, enjoy a beer and support your team. Throwing other peoples belongings in the canal or starting fights with locals and police is not support for them.
Maybe they couldn’t negotiate a decent price for those fine ladies of Amsterdam.
but yes totally disgraceful. I’m English but if I were there I would have been totally embarrassed by their behaviour.

The booing of anthems isn’t just an English thing. Plenty of countries do it yet as always it’s the English fans who get hammered for it.

Just like it’s hardly ever mentioned the abuse and general treat enemy England fans get often get when they travel.

Maybe they couldn’t negotiate a decent price for those fine ladies of Amsterdam.
but yes totally disgraceful. I’m English but if I were there I would have been totally embarrassed by their behaviour.
Do the fans of other countries typically behave in such an antisocial, aggressive way? There seems to be a real streak of ignorance and arrogance in some English (or British?) people.

“England are the Millwall of international football.” Discuss.
Yer Italians and Turks might have a massive riot and burn down the stadium, but they don't really have the same beer-bellied yobbishness as some of our fans. Maybe our twats just drink more than their twats.

Re: Football (play it with your feet) vs Soccer

Yes, but you are also wearing socks....

Yer Italians and Turks might have a massive riot and burn down the stadium, but they don't really have the same beer-bellied yobbishness as some of our fans. Maybe our twats just drink more than their twats.

Nah, the Turks just knife people instead.

Booing the Danish national anthem! What are they, 12 years old? It's not exactly Deutschland Uber Alles , is it?
I mean, there is a pantomime aspect to some rivalries which is quite fun, but we don't have a beef with Denmark.
TBF we don’t have a beef with Germany either

How dare our fans boo national anthems. How dare they sing songs about the war. I thought this was all behind us.

Next thing you know they'll be refusing to remain seated during open play. I'm sure I've heard some of them using swear words at the match, too.

Do these people not know football is now PG rated?

Back
Top Bottom