England charged by Uefa over laser pointer ....

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
How dare our fans boo national anthems. How dare they sing songs about the war. I thought this was all behind us.

Next thing you know they'll be refusing to remain seated during open play. I'm sure I've heard some of them using swear words at the match, too.

Do these people not know football is now PG rated?
I’m going to games with a woman next season. She’ll get excited and probably boo filthy Fleetwood but she won’t put up with any of that offensive s**t. I’m glad things have moved on

Said laser pen knob-jockeys are available to identify on social media conveniently posing with a flag whilst using said pen.

Football has, thankfully, moved on from some very dark times but where do you draw the line of "acceptable or unacceptable behaviour"?

Booing anthems?
Abusing the referee for a poor decision?
What about "industrial language"?
Taunting opposition fans?

Where does it stop??

Discuss.

Said laser pen knob-jockeys are available to identify on social media conveniently posing with a flag whilst using said pen.

Football has, thankfully, moved on from some very dark times but where do you draw the line of "acceptable or unacceptable behaviour"?

Booing anthems?
Abusing the referee for a poor decision?
What about "industrial language"?
Taunting opposition fans?

Where does it stop??

Discuss.
How about just booing the absurdity of National Anthems?

No such outrage when those lovable Scots decend on London and I'm sure grow men showing their cocks and arses , being absolutely hammered , being abusive to England and generally being completely anti social is just such fun ...

Another English quirk is the idea that the rest of the world can be bothered to tell the difference between England, Scotland, Wales, and to some extent Ireland. We're all tarred with the same brush (sporran?).
I always used to get annoyed living in Germany when someone with bagpipes and a kilt was referred to as Englaender.
Edit: I also just rembered talking to a bright PhD student from Harvard at a conference, who got all confused when I said I didn't live in England, but in Scotland, and actually asked "but isn't Scotland in London?".

Another English quirk is the idea that the rest of the world can be bothered to tell the difference between England, Scotland, Wales, and to some extent Ireland. We're all tarred with the same brush (sporran?).
I always used to get annoyed living in Germany when someone with bagpipes and a kilt was referred to as Englaender.
Edit: I also just rembered talking to a bright PhD student from Harvard at a conference, who got all confused when I said I didn't live in England, but in Scotland, and actually asked "but isn't Scotland in London?".
Really don't think that is a ' quirk ' ignorance of different countries isn't exactly something to be proud of ?
Denmark, Finland , Sweden = just Scandinavians
Netherlands = aren't they just Germans ?
New Zealand = Australia
Canada = USA
Etc etc

Really don't think that is a ' quirk ' ignorance of different countries isn't exactly something to be proud of ?
Denmark, Finland , Sweden = just Scandinavians
Netherlands = aren't they just Germans ?
New Zealand = Australia
Canada = USA
Etc etc
It's a bit more like if Prussia and Bavaria had different teams, or Wallonia and Flanders.

It's a bit more like if Prussia and Bavaria had different teams, or Wallonia and Flanders.
Its really not although if Germany hadn't been united in the 18th or so Century same as Italy then there would be smaller Countries playing .
Belgium probably could be split easily into two with the different languages/ cultures being a strange United Country .
I'm sure the Scots and Welsh, hey why not throw in the Irish as well , would love to know that their cultures / history are airbrushed into being just England as we are on an Island together !

Its really not although if Germany hadn't been united in the 18th or so Century same as Italy then there would be smaller Countries playing .
Belgium probably could be split easily into two with the different languages/ cultures being a strange United Country .
I'm sure the Scots and Welsh, hey why not throw in the Irish as well , would love to know that their cultures / history are airbrushed into being just England as we are on an Island together !
Not quite sure what you're getting at there. England and Scotland were united in the 18th Century, and Ireland joined in the 19th century only to partly leave in the 20th Century. The difference between the bits of the British Isles and other bits of Europe isn't so much that our countries/regions are more or less defined, but more that we maintain separate football teams. If we didn't, the whole picture of drunken Scots showing their bits in trafalgar square would be as niche as a Hannoverian dancing around central Munich in a pointy helmet.

Not quite sure what you're getting at there. England and Scotland were united in the 18th Century, and Ireland joined in the 19th century only to partly leave in the 20th Century. The difference between the bits of the British Isles and other bits of Europe isn't so much that our countries/regions are more or less defined, but more that we maintain separate football teams. If we didn't, the whole picture of drunken Scots showing their bits in trafalgar square would be as niche as a Hannoverian dancing around central Munich in a pointy helmet.
The difference is that we became a United Kingdom but kept separate Countries rather than all just becoming 'England '
If Cornwall , East Anglia , Northumberland had separate football teams then I would agree with you.

from the BBC, anyone else miss the penalty shootout?

12:12

FA fined for laser pointer​

Italy v England (Sunday, 20:00 BST)
Just in...
The English FA have been fined €30,000 for the use of laser pointer disturbances during the national anthems and setting off fireworks in the victory over Denmark.
A laser pointer was directed at Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel during the penalty shootout.

from the BBC, anyone else miss the penalty shootout?

12:12

FA fined for laser pointer​

Italy v England (Sunday, 20:00 BST)
Just in...
The English FA have been fined €30,000 for the use of laser pointer disturbances during the national anthems and setting off fireworks in the victory over Denmark.
A laser pointer was directed at Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel during the penalty shootout.
Typically w**k journalists

Maybe he was thinking of the Yard 🙄

By the way, any c*** who has been booing the team doesn’t get to share in all the triumph and fun. They have to watch the period drama on the other side.

• Haha
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom