England ??????? v India ??

Leysboy

Massive game today at Edgbaston! England must win today to have any chance of progressing imo. They can do it! But they will come up against a solid bowling attack today. Jasprit Bumrah will be very dangerous, and so will Kuldeep Yadav. We must be watchful, and not play recklessly. Play each ball on its merit, and later put the foot on the accelerator.

I’m hoping Jason Roy plays today, I feel so much better when he opens with Johnny Bairstow. Here’s hoping he plays, because Vince is a nightmare.

Good hot weather, and hopefully a classic!

Just don't see us winning this, hopefully I'm gonna be proved wrong,after witnessing that shambolic performance against the Aussies,I've lost all faith

hoping for an England win, unlikely though it is

England win the toss and chose to ......... bat

Roy back as opener

Plunkett replaces Moeen .... and Archer fit to play

Great to bat first. We’ve won all our games batting first. Now it’s crucial to get off to a good start, and tire the Indians out in the field.

We need to change our mindset a little and put more value on each wicket. A quick fire 20 or 30 doesn't work unless others are scoring big. We need to back Bairstow, Root, Morgan etc to score big and have a decent total before the last 10 over assault from Stokes and Buttler.

We can win, and need to stand up to the pressure.

Might need 350+ today. Let’s hope it’s a better performance and put the Indians under huge pressure.

Bairstow is really riding his luck. 2 inside edges for 4 and another edge.
A good start from a scoring perspective.

Roy gloved it to Dhoni and was given as a wide and the next 2 balls he hit for 6 and 4.
Could be a big 3 balls!

Very promising start. Fantastic and more to the point necessary to see Roy back and re-establishing that opening partnership with Bairstow.

But - a lot of cricket to be played. You don’t know what a good score is until the opposition have batted. India have a wonderful top six and on a turning pitch we’ve opted to leave out Moeen Ali which is an interesting decision.

England have set a platform here. Convert it into a score of 320+ and that will be a formidable total for India to aim for.

This is great to watch. Hopefully the turning point with England hitting form again at the right time

England maybe getting the breaks that they didnt get in the last 2 games.
Then Roy being back has made a huge difference.
The target has to be 350, but there is a long way to go.

!50 up for no loss .... 1st ball of the 30th...... India's huge support pretty damn quiet so far :sneaky:

Roy goes for 66 great effort, and a very good diving catch from Jadeja. 166/1 is a superb start, now we need to build on that and post a big total.

Well that proves that a half fit Roy > a fully fit Vince, although it was nice of the Indians to give him a life :). Let's hope that we can nurse Roy through the rest of the tournament.
Great start by England...

Great knock by Bairstow, hope he can maintain the run rate, and push us on.

I’m starting to think India could be chasing close to 400 here. Especially with the batting to come.

Bairstow gone for a decent 111.... England need all our batsmen to deliver today

Back
Top Bottom