England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Interesting that the ' racist ' graffitti on Marcus Rashford mural was ' c**t, bastard , s**t , Saka.
Seems directed at a poor penalty although the media obsession with everything being racist sickens me.
Black people I know are being led to to think that everyone has a hidden side / thoughts and I seriously worry that social unrest is being fostered .
The acceptance and community in this Country should be making us proud but its being made out to be like the deep South of America in the 50's which it truly isn't.
Agreed. Is it Covid? Is it with the restrictions more have become keyboard warriors or more worryingly people are expressing their real minds?

But the press and social media has had a huge influence. The British mainstream press in my view is one of the most toxic in the world, and even worse is a vast amount of the population believe it.

But Governments play their part.

Most recently, there is victimisation across the World now against India for the Delta variant. Before there was anyone with an Asian look was attacked as perceived as Chinese. Prior to that, there was Muslims due to ISIS/9-11, etc. 70's and 80's it was Communism. Well, I suppose its good for business and governments.

Interesting that the ' racist ' graffitti on Marcus Rashford mural was ' c**t, bastard , s**t , Saka.
Seems directed at a poor penalty although the media obsession with everything being racist sickens me.
Black people I know are being led to to think that everyone has a hidden side / thoughts and I seriously worry that social unrest is being fostered .
The acceptance and community in this Country should be making us proud but its being made out to be like the deep South of America in the 50's which it truly isn't.

So who is pushing this divide?

And, more importantly, what's their motive?

Seeing some blame put on the stewards at Wembley for not doing their job and that some of them are just students doing some temp work. Their role seems to be more like cinema ushers, to kindly show people to their seats.

Presumably at Wembley they have a mix of stewards such as ushers and bouncers ? like at the Kassam we have some who clearly aren't going to stop any trouble, but can show people where to go / ask them to sit down / can call back-up if needed?

I'd love to know . There is definitely an agenda of pushing divide especially white/ black as you can see by the relentless bringing up of historical actions as well as any crime with the potential of it having a racist connotation being deemed worse than murder or rape.
Black kid killed by another black kid hardly newsworthy while a white involved it is played out over and over.
Solving inequality shouldn't be choosing who is more newsworthy as all crimes are horrendous but coverage doesn't follow that.

Most societal and sociological divides are started and then amplified by social media bots. A fractured society leads to a weak country, and a weak country leads to a less powerful opponent.

Follow the bots.

Wow! This thread ‘really developed!’
I would have changed the subject title if only I had known.
Stupid me, I figured that you might have been safe to assume, on a football related forum a topic that was actually about football? My mistake!
I should have renamed this
‘The boiling cauldron of Bigotry and racial unrest within Britain’s fractured society!’😬🙈

Most societal and sociological divides are started and then amplified by social media bots. A fractured society leads to a weak country, and a weak country leads to a less powerful opponent.

Follow the bots.

Of course.

It's much older than that though. The tools change, the strategy doesn’t. The oldest trick in the book: divide and conquer. And the antagonists are often not from without.

Of course.

It's much older than that though. The tools change, the strategy doesn’t. The oldest trick in the book: divide and conquer. And the antagonists are often not from without.
There are always a multitude of reasons for conflict. The NME could sell a million copies in a week during the height of the Oasis v Blur feud, for example. Tribalism is good business in media - or at least it was when it was in physical form. Sometimes people want money, sometimes power and influence. Sometimes the whole lot.

In the technological age, however, it’s primarily a tool being used to wage war by stealth. People don’t generally burgle houses anymore as they’re more interested in fraud; opposing nations are now using sociological destabilisation in lieu of guns and grenades. The battlefields and the trenches are online now. Meanwhile, some of the charlatans on the inside will see their own opportunities arise from the chaos and be more concerned about maximising their returns than stopping their country being weakened.

I’ve fallen down a hole. What the f**k was Saka doing taking that penalty?

Was it Instagram or Twitter that tracked the original posts back to find 63 "originals" of which 5 originated in the UK?

AFAIK 1 person in Manchester has been arrested for it.

From the posts on here, it kind of suggests that pretty much all of us vehemently oppose racism and would call it out in some way.

However those 5 people's "voice" has been magnified to suggest the entire Country is racist?

What a world we live in...................
Whilst certain parties might be overstating the case, I think you were probably understating and dismissing it too readily:

It seems that the implication of great many 'monkey' posts was simply not picked up, add to that Twitter, Facebook, the defacing of a mural, etc and it's quite a bit higher than 5 people, which is something you'd already guessed to be honest.

Whilst certain parties might be overstating the case, I think you were probably understating and dismissing it too readily:

It seems that the implication of great many 'monkey' posts was simply not picked up, add to that Twitter, Facebook, the defacing of a mural, etc and it's quite a bit higher than 5 people, which is something you'd already guessed to be honest.

I don`t pretend to understand how the AI works or how such things are counted. Do they only count original posts? Shares/reTweets/Tags I have no idea.
However, be it 5 or 500 people there are 67 MILLION people sat on this rock so it is a generally insignificant amount in the grander scheme of things.

It could have been the number of accounts that Tw*tter suspended.

Facebook, which owns Instagram, said Monday it tried to remove harmful content as quickly as possible and encouraged people to use the tools it offers to block abuse.

“We quickly removed comments and accounts directing abuse at England’s footballers last night and we’ll continue to take action against those that break our rules,” it said in a statement.

Twitter said the “abhorrent racist abuse” has no place on its platform, adding it removed more than 1,000 tweets and permanently suspended a number of accounts for violating its rules.

“We will continue to take action,” Twitter said, “when we identify any tweets or accounts that violate our policies.”

Either way it is too many and way past time something was done to limit how folk use anti-social media.

I don`t pretend to understand how the AI works or how such things are counted. Do they only count original posts? Shares/reTweets/Tags I have no idea.
However, be it 5 or 500 people there are 67 MILLION people sat on this rock so it is a generally insignificant amount in the grander scheme of things.

It could have been the number of accounts that Tw*tter suspended.

Facebook, which owns Instagram, said Monday it tried to remove harmful content as quickly as possible and encouraged people to use the tools it offers to block abuse.

“We quickly removed comments and accounts directing abuse at England’s footballers last night and we’ll continue to take action against those that break our rules,” it said in a statement.

Twitter said the “abhorrent racist abuse” has no place on its platform, adding it removed more than 1,000 tweets and permanently suspended a number of accounts for violating its rules.

“We will continue to take action,” Twitter said, “when we identify any tweets or accounts that violate our policies.”

Either way it is too many and way past time something was done to limit how folk use anti-social media.
Either way, a few more than 5 you quickly latched on to earlier in the thread. But yes, we are in agreement - whatever the actual number it was too many.

ps well done for not saying 'Twatter'.

Either way, a few more than 5 you quickly latched on to earlier in the thread. But yes, we are in agreement - whatever the actual number it was too many.

ps well done for not saying 'Twatter'.

The temptation was strong believe me. :)

As I often say social media lets people into your front room you would normally cross the road to avoid.
The downside for people who need a high profile is that they have to let everyone in............ a bit like the teenage house party that goes horribly wrong and the house gets trashed.
And then you have the issue of anonymity, he says talking to a pseudonym from a pseudonym, how do you ensure that link to the person pressing the button?

What a world we live in...... genies out of bottles everywhere....

I liked this bit:

“Doesn’t need much of an introduction … columnist for the Sunday Times, the Spectator, the S*n … fly in the ointment of the smug middle classes”.

Cue, smug middle class bloke using Latin phrases within 10 seconds.

I had to spit out my organic oatmeal with laughter. Took me ages to clean it up too.

I'd love to know . There is definitely an agenda of pushing divide especially white/ black as you can see by the relentless bringing up of historical actions as well as any crime with the potential of it having a racist connotation being deemed worse than murder or rape.
Black kid killed by another black kid hardly newsworthy while a white involved it is played out over and over.
Solving inequality shouldn't be choosing who is more newsworthy as all crimes are horrendous but coverage doesn't follow that.
Well what do you know!

20210716_084624.jpg

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom