National News The BBC

Yeah I saw that, wasn't the 'go to hell' to the Hitlerwasright? Or have I misread the tweet? Bloody stupid posting it if it was like that, indefensible if agreeing with the hash tag.

I just wish people would write properly without all that hashtag pish. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"Defending it"?

There is nothing to defend. It's a new news channel. Its happening. Deal with it.
TBF it doesn’t cause me any personal concern. I doubt I’ll be the target of the opinion led stories. I’m certainly unlikely to actually watch it.
I just find the idea that people think we need such a thing hilarious. I find the mental gymnastics of people like Andrew Neil and Piers Morgan to marry facts with their agendas hilarious.
I find the desperation of large organisations to get their narrative across through their client journalists hilarious.
It won’t be for me. I just want the news in its rawest undiluted form.

TBF it doesn’t cause me any personal concern. I doubt I’ll be the target of the opinion led stories. I’m certainly unlikely to actually watch it.
I just find the idea that people think we need such a thing hilarious. I find the mental gymnastics of people like Andrew Neil and Piers Morgan to marry facts with their agendas hilarious.
I find the desperation of large organisations to get their narrative across through their client journalists hilarious.
If you're going to have news as outrageously left-wing as C4 News why can't the right have the same? Not that GB News will be 10% as right-wing as the left-wing bedwetters think it will be.

If you're going to have news as outrageously left-wing as C4 News why can't the right have the same? Not that GB News will be 10% as right-wing as the left-wing bedwetters think it will be.
Channel 4 news still isn’t opinion led. You can of course manipulate it through editorial decisions of the news you cover, the time you give a story and where a story sits on the billing. GB news will have more of the freedoms of opinion a newspaper currently has. Up until now, TV news has followed much stricter guidelines.

I don’t actually watch the Channel 4 news. Just out of interest, can you remember any examples of a left wing bias? I appreciate you probably don’t keep notes of such things, so you may not be able too.

Mental gymnastics of Andrew Neil? Maybe I'm yet to see his bias, but on This Week and Daily Politics I always found him to be a top quality interviewer. Odd that you've put him in the same box as Peirs Morgan - when does he do mental gymnastics?

The Spectator. I think he even edits it. Obviously his political leanings weren’t allowed on the BBC. Although he was the preferred interviewee among Tory Ministers. I think you’ll have to dig very deep to find him asking the difficult questions on Tory policy on his BBC program. Particularly around the Brexit issue.

Back
Top Bottom